Piston heads. Merc with 30 year Warranty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WOODYTHEWISE, Feb 6, 2012.

1. WOODYTHEWISE

WOODYTHEWISE Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 500 Coupe.
  2. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    From the ad:

'FULL MB MAIN DEALER SERVICE HISTORY FROM NEW & 30 YEAR MB MOBILOLIFE WARRANTY...'

'Unique 30-year Mercedes Benz MobiloLife mobility warranty covers against technical breakdown or starting problems, and also covers against corrosion. It is a unique, comprehensive breakdown and repair package that applies to MobiloLife covered cars for their entire service life.

In the very unlikely event that a MobiloLife covered car breaks down, MobiloLife will ensure that you get to your destination as quickly as possible. It will also keep you mobile while your vehicle is being repaired, free of charge for labour and materials, at any Mercedes-Benz authorised workshop. The entire package of services is valid in 25 European countries.

Cover is valid for up to 30 years, as long as you continue to have your car serviced at a Mercedes-Benz Official Workshop at the scheduled service intervals, but please note that cover cannot be reinstated if a scheduled service is missed, or carried out outside of the Mercedes-Benz Official Workshop network.

Thanks to my maintenance of the full Mercedes Benz Service History from new to today, this car is still covered by the unique 30-year Mercedes Benz MobiloLife mobility warranty.'

That's a bit optimistic, but essentially correct?

1 person likes this.
  3. MOCAŠ

MOCAŠ MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK
    Surely it can't be right that a 10-year-old SLK with over 70,000 miles under it's belt has only ever needed A and B services? I seem to recall they need a bigger one at 4 years.

4. OP
    OP
    WOODYTHEWISE

WOODYTHEWISE Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 500 Coupe.

Thank you for that, I stand corrupted.:) I got mixed up with the 30 year rust warrenty.:eek:

5. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    My W203 only has A and B services... the 'additional operations' required from time to time are not covered by the ASSYST system. I think it's because my 2006 car has flexible servicing, while the additional operations are rigid time-related operations, so the two don't mix... i.e. you can't simply tie the 4-yearly air filter change to the 3th service, if this makes sense?

6. MOCAŠ

MOCAŠ MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK
    My car also has ASSYST, but it know how old the car is and tells me which service is due next. As well as A and B, I've seen an E service indicated before now. Don't recall any other letters off hand.

7. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:

I am aware that some cars have other letters apart for A and B, I read somewhere that it has to do with the amount of time that is needed for the service - A one hour, B two hours, etc.

But my car definitely has only A and B service schedules, according to both the owner manual and service book. I assumed it had to do with the flexible service ASSYST, which was discontinued circa 2007 in favour of the fixed-interval ASSYST - but I accept that may not actually be the reason for this.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    There are only two service types an A & B. The dash indicator doesnt refer to the type of service, but to the length of time required to perform the service which is why the letters extend past B.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
  10. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
    Blooming duplicate post

11. Rory

Rory MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model)
    I think the "free of charge for labour and materials" bit is more than optimistic!

1 person likes this.