Pistonheads - classifieds not moving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I like to have a good window shop around Pistonheads and have noticed that the number of classifieds rose from around 47,000 ads to 54,400 - but the odd thing - it hasn't moved from 54,400 for ages either - coincidence/software or a barometer of the times?

I like to have a good window shop around Pistonheads and have noticed that the number of classifieds rose from around 47,000 ads to 54,400 - but the odd thing - it hasn't moved from 54,400 for ages either - coincidence/software or a barometer of the times?

Its the times I guess.....nobody is lending money and times are hard out there.

I would have to agree - and you see the same cars for sale on Autotrader that just do not shift, especially the larger ones. Just sold mine about 20 mins ago....while I was showing him what it has etc, I was thinking to my self "what am I doing! I am giving this away"....but then thought, nope, a CL55 would be nice.

Now, in front of my PC, I have a SERIOUS case of sellers remorse - I don't need a CL55, where am I going to be able to use that power....my S500 was perfect

&(*&(* - what have I done!

"Come back green Panzer, I made a mistake"

:-(

In all seriousness, mine was a giveaway and took ages to sell - I knew that someone who actually wanted one and came to see it would buy it (and they did) but people are just not buying, and certainly older, larger engined cars.

It's funny but this afternoon, had a call from a chap who I left a note with about 6 months ago on his CL500 (1998). He called me and wanted to see if I was still interested - Mercedes offered hims £3000 on the car as a trade in on a new CL500 - he declined (still bought the new CL anyways)

38,000 miles but wants £10,000!!

38,000 or 78,000 miles (mine) is not going to make the slightest difference to one of these powerplants but with the post C140 coupes taking a nosedive following the release of the current CL, it's hammering the 1992-1998 cars

*damn damn damn damn I want her back*

At the other end of the scale though, I have just sold two cheap cars and they went very easily indeed. I got what I was asking for too.

When times are hard, people tend to swap cars around just as much as when times are good. Only the top end of the scale gets hit, as the downgrade shuffle happens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom