Pistonheads Sunday Service 20th March MB World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Y8cel

Car
2008 SLK55 AMG (Sold) 2013 C63 Coupe
There's a Sunday service next month at MB World it's not been announced yet so it's a heads up to get subscribed when it is.

Cannot sign up or add name... anyone with same problem?

Added myself to the list now. Looking forward to it!

Done , thanks for the heads up ;)

Anyone from Hampshire/Portsmouth/Fareham area going?
Fancy a convoy?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed, one of the best turnouts I have seen.

Joined up with a couple of Lotus cars just before coming off the M25 - glad I did as I was about to miss Junction 11. I did wonder why the red Lotus was turning off :)

Quite an epic queue as predicted, waited for 30 mins! Typical that stop/start decided to turn off just as I needed it. Next time they need more than one person signing people in and also more sense parking people up - surely the whole point of diagonal parking is to be able to drive straight in rather than having to very awkwardly reverse - and to the inch at that! However, it was good to see such a turnout. Everyone seemed to behave too.

A great venue to keep the other half entertained - loads of great cars, lots of merchandise, had a lovely lunch in the Gulwing bistro and even managed to catch the display team (wow!) on the way out.

Also managed to take the other half to the air museum and saw Concorde.

So all in all, a great day out (just with a few tweaks needed).

I was a bit gutted by how dirty my car was by the time I arrived - it was great to see so many other SLK55s turning out to this!

A shame not to see more McLarens, but my other half did like what appeared to be the only R8...we certainly don't get many at these events.

Last edited:
CaptainRAVE said:
Well I thoroughly enjoyed, one of the best turnouts I have seen. Joined up with a couple of Lotus cars just before coming off the M25 - glad I did as I was about to miss Junction 11. I did wonder why the red Lotus was turning off :) Quite an epic queue as predicted, waited for 30 mins! Typical that stop/start decided to turn off just as I needed it. Next time they need more than one person signing people in and also more sense parking people up - surely the whole point of diagonal parking is to be able to drive straight in rather than having to very awkwardly reverse - and to the inch at that! However, it was good to see such a turnout. Everyone seemed to behave too. A great venue to keep the other half entertained - loads of great cars, lots of merchandise, had a lovely lunch in the Gulwing bistro and even managed to catch the display team (wow!) on the way out. Also managed to take the other half to the air museum and saw Concorde. So all in all, a great day out (just with a few tweaks needed). I was a bit gutted by how dirty my car was by the time I arrived - it was great to see so many other SLK55s turning out to this! A shame not to see more McLarens, but my other half did like what appeared to be the only R8...we certainly don't get many at these events.

I think I saw your SLK55, in middle of the car park, I got there a bit too late - 12:30ish!

I think I saw your SLK55, in middle of the car park, I got there a bit too late - 12:30ish!

That was probably me, I was having lunch at that point and my SLK seemed to be all on its own. A lot of people had left by that time.

Great turnout of cars. Unfortunately had to leave early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom