pitch circle diameter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_ace5288

ive recently bought a set of wheels with a PCD of 114.3, but my PCD on my W202 is 112, how can i change this so that the wheels will fit my car? any adaptors etc available?

as far as I know the best way to change that would be to sell the wheels and buy some with the correct PCD.

Otherwise you are going to have to go to the trouble of filling the existing bolt holes and then re drilling the rims - it could be done but the cost would be prohibitive.

There isn't going to be an easy adaptor fix because that would change the offset if it were to be strong enough to take the strain, redrilling the hubs to match the wheels would be impossible only a set of custom hubs would do the job and for that read "expensive" or "pointless"

Whichever way you look at it selling the wheels is going to be the only viable option :(

Andy

seen. would it be possible to fit 19x9 at front and 19x10 at rear of my c class? as long as the axles and suspension allow it. the arches can be rolled.

it's possible to fit anything if you are willing to perform enough surgery.

Depending on the offset of the wheel I'd expect you to be doing a fair bit of arch stretching and running on ridiculously low profile tyres which once again is going to get expensive.

some of the C Class owners can probably help better here but by my calculations/guesswork you are going to need 275, 25, 19 tyres which although available are going to prove difficult to get hold of and would in my opinion be hopeless on UK roads

Andy

my offset is 35 on the tyres. so anyone with any opinions? this is provided i can get them changed to fit my car or my car changed to fit them lol

have you checked out the prices/availability of tyres?

I'll make another guesstimate here based on the above sizes but don't expect much/any change out of £300 a tyre.

to change the wheels would require an aluminium plug to be welded into each of the current holes then ground down and the wheel repolished before a new set of holes were drilled to match your hubs then the wheel competely refinished. Only a handful of companies in the UK would be willing to take on that kind of work and it would cost an absolute fortune - I'm not even going to guess

My advice is abandon this project or buy yourself an engineering works first :)

Andy

10J rims??? jeeeeeeeez - mine are 8.5 J and I have a 4.2 V8 and a car that weighs two tonnes... and they dont slip...

10" wide on a C class - are you blingin' it mate? :rock:

could say that lol, this is my first car, ive already had it for two years and now im really trying to kit it up cuz ive had enuff of standard. im afraid that the PCD's dont match then, my only other reasonable hope is that another car HUB (im not sure what its called) may fit on my w202 to change the PCD from 112 to 114.3?
and ive sorted out the tyres :)

or i could contact the company and ask if they could do a set of wheels for me with the correct PCD. :bannana:

i would definately go down the new wheels rtoute - not the new hub route - that shedloads of work... I tried swapping 4 bolt astra hubs for 5 bolt cavalier ones (same era, same manufacturer) - and it was a no-no - so trying to get a new PCD hub is going to be.... interesting.

try some of the online shops - or ebay - www.wheels4u.co.uk in luton seem cheap (their website is crap - but give them a call) - or elite wheels and tyres in Reading did me a great deal on tyres...

Hi
10" rears are fine on a W202/W203, but you'll have problems with 9" at the front. 8.5" is really the maximum.
Use 225/35R19 or 235/35R19 at the front, 265/30R19 at the rear..
I'm a bit late joining this thread - what else would you like to know?
Chris

As for PCD adjustment, bolts are available made to TUV standards which can adapt up to 2.5mm in PCD, so from 114.3 to 112 is fine. They are around €3 each. The way they do it is have a 2 piece bolt with floating head off centre of the bolt axis.
Check the centre bore size of your wheels. This is where the wheel rests on the hub. It should be 66.6mmID on your wheel. Tell me the offset ET of the wheels... You need to get ET34 front, ET30 rear in those sizes of rims to make it central in your wheelarch. If you have 20mm to spare (ie ET54/ET50.. VERY unlikely) you can fit good quality adapter spacers..by far the safest and strongest option, and then the centre bore/PCD won't matter..

well im not very good with handywork lyke tht, and i really like the rims. if possible could you give me a quick quote on cost/time and where i could get it done please
thanks

You asking me?? I'd try them first and see how much extra room you need - also different tyres have different shoulders, so a rounder shouldered tyre is going to be easier than a square..

so what wheels are they, and what is the centre bore/offset?

they are:
ultralite evolve, PCD is 114.3, ET is 35, 5 holes. anything else?
i wanted 9 inch wide at front and 10 inch wide at back if possible

Well, use the tyre sizes I recommended, get PCD adapter bolts from somewhere like www.spurverbreiterung.de and if the hub spigott locations on the rear hubs are long enough, consider a 5mm spacer at the rear. As for bolt lengths and centre bore, you'll have to give me more info:
1. Measure the centre bore diameter
2. Stick a standard clk alloy bolt through the wheel and tell me how much thread protrudes
3. Measure the length of a spigott location on your rear hub..
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom