Pitstart Garage Acton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sorry Pete

Car
a most boring Honda
Hello all,

I've been meaning to post a thread on here about this place as I know it will be of use to some of you diy'ers out there.

Basically the place is a fully kitted-out garage, without the mechanics. You can rent-out a space with a lift or a just a bay for £20 and £10 per hour respectively, +vat. Included in the price is access to all workshop tools they have, and use of the hydraulic press and parts washer. Also included in the price is the waste disposal charge for oil, filters and coolant etc.

I used it at a pretty unsociable hour, and the insane thing is it's open 24/7. On reading the blurb, I took the info about the staff being ready to help you if you get stuck with a pinch of salt, but, when I rounded-off my sump plug :doh: Craig (Greg?) was more than helpful, and just seemed a genuinely nice guy. They stock sump plugs and supplied me with a new one.

Recommend a friend and you get £10 credit added to your account. I'm not affiliated with the company, and I'm not fishing for referrals, just a pleasantly surprised and satisfied customer.

Here they are online: http://www.pitstartgarage.com

I seem to recall thinking that £20 or £10 was good, but that there was a hidden extra?

Do the non-lift bays have pits?

Thanks for the info, this place is intriguing - however I have use of a large farm outbuilding for £45 per week, so until I need to use a press that'll do.

Hi

Sounds very interesting.....thinking of trying my hand at midnight servicing on my LS400.

Happy to be the 'friend' you referred if you want to get the £10 credit

I seem to recall thinking that £20 or £10 was good, but that there was a hidden extra?

Do the non-lift bays have pits?

Thanks for the info, this place is intriguing - however I have use of a large farm outbuilding for £45 per week, so until I need to use a press that'll do.

No hidden extras from what I can see on my receipt, just the vat on top.

They don't have pits.

I know that the 190 forum people use this place quite a bit.

I think the guy's name is Craig and I agree, he's very helpful. I've used the place a few times and I love it. For me it's been the difference between being a DIYer and not being a DIYer.

Sorry to hijack your thread guys - but how would people rate this place for car services? I'm tempted to take my Fiat (can't afford a Merc I'm afraid....) down for its second service, love the idea of being able to watch them do it and learn some stuff too.
Anyway, I don't suppose anyone reading this knows whether they seem like a reasonable place to take a car for a service?

Sorry to hijack your thread guys - but how would people rate this place for car services? I'm tempted to take my Fiat (can't afford a Merc I'm afraid....) down for its second service, love the idea of being able to watch them do it and learn some stuff too.
Anyway, I don't suppose anyone reading this knows whether they seem like a reasonable place to take a car for a service?

They don't service cars :wallbash:

They rent out bays, and ramps, and you service your car yourself.;)

Actually they now do MOT and servicing. I see the forum discount has gone though.

It's a good place - I used them a lot when setting up the shogun, and then when replacing bits on the W202...

That said - their prices have gone through the roof recently. Instead of £10 for a normal bay and £20 for a ramped bay (for the day...) it's not charged on an hourly basis... so from my point of view it becomes non-cost effective.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom