Pixmania Rant!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
:wallbash::wallbash:

Decided to buy a new television for the kitchen and had seen a nice 32" Samsung LED HD television for £349 +£6.90 delivery with Pixmania so i ordered it on 21st Sept together with a wall bracket.

When i ordered it it said 4-6 days delivery and then 2-3 days delivery and that it would be delivered by Currys once I had paid.
Then i get an email with tracking numbers for DHL Express, tried using these numbers but they wouldnt work, phoned Pixmania and they said that they now use Yodel....Ok tracked it and find that all was sent and had left the Hatfield depot. A few days later the wall bracket arrives but no sign of the tele and tracking said it had departed Hatfield on 22nd Sept with the bracket.

Then wife got onto Pixmania and they said they would try and trace it etc etc then a few days later they say it has been lost and i had 3 options 1. Take a gift cert for price paid, 2. let them send another tv, 3. Accept a refund.

I opted for option 2 and guess what.............. they sent me a refund through Paypal, i wasn't too annoyed with this because i thought i could just order another but when i went to re-order it was now £20 more expensive:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Really ****** with them and according to the wife they are cheeky on the phone too!!

We have bought many things over the internet over the years but never ever have had bother, now though we are totally disgusted with Dixmania.

Anyone had similar problems with them???

Seller reviews

I think that more and more of this type of problem will occur as many of these sites now just act as "portals " for third party suppliers using fourth party delivery service.:wallbash:

I had the opposite.

A camera ordered through Amazon hadn't arrived a week after it should have done. I rang Amazon to complain and they said they would send a replacement. Later the same day the first camera arrived...then 4 days later so did the replacement...they never came back for the first one!!

Why did you opt for your money back and attempt to re-order it? Why not just let them send you another TV?

TV in the kitchen, eh? Fascinating insight into how things are done in other countries...

I have also heard that some people have a television in the bedroom, having said that a hotel in Israel I was staying in some years ago had a television in the bathroom!

I have also heard that some people have a television in the bedroom, having said that a hotel in Israel I was staying in some years ago had a television in the bathroom!

I tell you, we're all going to Hell in a handcart. What would Her Majesty say...

I normally get an internet price and then waltz into one of my local shops and ask them to price match.......
Which works 80% of the time.
I did that with my new watch and and got £400 off without breaking into a sweat.

Bought one from Groupon a few weeks ago, no problems at all and I'd certainly recommend

I had jip with them around 6 years ago now I think.

I cannot remember why but the name Pixmania is logged in my mind against "don't use".

We have a 32" TV in our bedroom on a wall bracket - got it mega cheap Christmas 2008 when the recession had started and things were looking gloomy - suddenly Richer Sounds decided to flog £599 TVs for £299.

Right place right time job - except we had to get up to Watford Richer Sounds on our way to Sheffield on Boxing Day mega early and there was still a mahoosive queue.

Update::

Pixmania refunded (put it in the piggy bank) the difference in price so TV has been re ordered at the original price.

Fingers crossed it arrives

I had trouble with them 3/4 years ago. They sent wrong the item but insisted it was correct and declined a return other than at my expense. Fortunately I had a cached copy of their website which proved them wrong but it was a fair bit of hassle to get sorted out.

On my 'will never use again' list.

It makes you wonder how some of these companies stay in business, many don't have a clue as to what is going on in their company.
Not so long ago, my laptop packed up and after a lot of argy bargy, it went back for repair.
The deal was that if they didn't get it back to me within 28 days, then I could have a new one. Well on the 29th day, it hadn't arrived so I went back to the store, and a very nice man agreed I could choose a new one.
Satisfactory end to an unsatisfactory saga, I thought.
This is where it gets good...
Over the next two weeks, a courier firm phoned three times to say they wanted to deliver a laptop to me. Three times, I told them they were wrong - it should go to the store.
On the fourth occasion, in exasperation, I said, yes I am in, if you want to deliver, do so. And they did within the hour.
For the next three weeks I had the new laptop and my repaired old one to play with!
I was convinced the company - one of the UK's biggest - would have no idea where that computer was. However, the very nice man who had given me the replacement eventually phoned asking if I had any idea what happened to the laptop, because he didn't know (and was in trouble). I didn't have the heart to deny knowledge, and he collected it in his own car during his lunchbreak...
(Sorry to go slightly off-topic....:))

In a similar vein I'm now the owner of two top-of-the-range TomToms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom