Places to see on the way to Amsterdam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I need some suggestions on places to see on the way to Amsterdam... thinking of making it a 2-3-day trip stopping in a few ale-monesteries or similar.

Keep in mind that I'll be travelling with several "lads" (potentially in costume) - so things like the Menin gate may not be the most suitable lest we offend some people!

Any ideas/suggestions? I'm thinking coastal road, Ale Monasteries, overnight in bruges, island hopping, Amsterdam... or something to that effect...

M.

Maybe it's a silly question - but where are you setting off from?

BTW - I love the term "ale-monasteries"

We stopped in Bruges on the first night of our European road trip a couple of years back, definitely worth a visit. There's a pub in Hallestraat, next to the Belfry (called "the Pub" - I don't think the Belgians are overly blessed with imagination) that had a good selection of brews on offer. You get a big leather bound menu to choose from with descriptions and everything.. :thumb:

Cheers,

Gaz

There's also a restaurant in Bruges called "Ribs 'n' Beer" which sells... guess?

Great place to eat if you like ribs: you buy one rack (for €18 when I was there last year) and can have as many additional half racks as you like. The Chocolate and Beer glaze was excellent, BTW :thumb:

Ribs n beer is already on the list ;) Oddly, you aren't the first person to recommend that!
Glad to hear it!

While you're in Bruges, the brewery tour is quite good too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom