Plague of the spiders - 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That what happened for bring back all these stuffs back from the colonies.

My daughter just found a False Black Widow in one of our shower rooms. :devil: :)

No red backs though :D

That wretched truck in the tunnel again with those links!

I think the real painful thingies in Australia are the horrible jelly fish

No thank you very much! Although Nemo's friends swam through jellyfish like that!

If we are talking pain then tickle the tum of one of these :)

Off to evict the lodger

Regards
John

And rather glad we don't have the crocs that live on the North Coast of Oz, apparently they watch you and clock your movements and WILL be there the same time next day to get ya!:devil: :eek:

Cant have a spider thread without the ancient picture:

page8_blog_entry100_1.jpg

Last edited:
I chucked a huge house spider out the other day after a great deal if fuss. My Indonesian mother in law (who is staying) thought it was hilarious when I said that it was a big spider for the UK - it was about 5-6 cm across

The most common spiders in Java are about 15cm across their legs :D
I'd post a pic but can't find one.

Ade

Saw a spider which must have been more than three inches across today. He was on the ceiling in a hotel conference room. I didn't mention it to the people sat beneath him until the end though...

Had one wandering around on our drive last night ... it was big enough that my wife saw it in the headlights as we pulled in. Yuk.

Now, let's all stop exaggerating shall we! :rolleyes:

Look here at the Goliath Tarantula! :crazy:

If you find this in your house - be afraid! :eek:

Did you hear that spider walking?

I always tell my wife, "If you can't hear them walking, then don't come a'calling!" :devil: :D

Many years ago I took my young niece to see a friend's collection of live tarantula. My friend asked my niece if she wanted to hold one! She looked at me for reassurance and I gave her a nod of approval. My friend placed a large tarantula in her hand and this beasty crawled up her arm, onto her shoulder.

On the way home I told her how brave I thought she was and her reply was,

"I only did it because I knew you would do it!" :eek: :eek: :eek: Ho hum, ho hum

Regards
John

Nat chuckles out loud!

Spiders only set up shop where they think there is a food supply. So its either spiders or creepy crawlies and flies.
Les

I have a deal with the spiders in my bathroom - they don't fool with me, I don't fool with them

Once in a while a big one ends up in the bath and can't climb out. So I have developed my patented Spider Ladder - a piece of loo roll hanging over the side of the bath. I leave it overnight and they climb out and they don't return. I guess walking round and round in the bath makes them dizzy

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

IOnce in a while a big one ends up in the bath and can't climb out. So I have developed my patented Spider Ladder - a piece of loo roll hanging over the side of the bath.

You used to be able to buy a real 'spider ladder' - a miniature rope ladder that you hung off the taps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom