Plague of the spiders - 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Im not a fan of Spiders.

In the past 2 days I have to kill* 9 Spiders in my flat larger than 50p's! :eek: :eek:

I have just found a tiny one in the Fridge - how the hell does a Spider get in the fridge?!?...

Anyway, As I live in a ground floor flat I want to open the windows in the summer without anything with more legs than I have, coming into have party.

Anyone know where I can buy Amercian style window insect screens? B&Q sells some, but not at my local store & you cant get them online :(

*Before the MBClub.co.uk Animal rights rep reports me, I have tried taking them out, but they only come back :(

Last edited:
Im not a fan of Spiders.

In the past 2 days I have to kill* 9 Spiders in my flat larger than 50p's! :eek: :eek:

Nooooo, you mustn't kill them, they're spirits - apparently!

I have just found a tiny one in the Fridge - how the hell does a Spider get in the fridge?!?...

Walks in whilst the door is open - spiders get hungry after all you know!

Anyway, As I live in a ground floor flat I want to open the windows in the summer without anything with more legs than I have, coming into have party.

All round to Killerhertz' then - when do you want us?

Anyone know where I can buy Amercian style window insect screens? B&Q sells some, but not at my local store & you cant get them online :(

*Before the MBClub.co.uk Animal rights rep reports me, I have tried taking them out, but they only come back :(

Nat

Spookily I just watched one run past me. I too have seen several big ones the last few days, and I thought it was a strange time of year for them.

I just leave them until Mrs D spots them, then pick the up with a card/paper and a glass, and pop them either outside our back door or inside KHZ's fridge. I put them on his toothbrush too.

Maybe he was having a nap when you popped his home (or to us a lettuce) into the fridge.

Ooh, there he goes again. Just gone under the other settee.

My cats used to be great with big spiders. Crunch, crunch (with wiggly legs sticking out of their mouths). Sadly the Collies pretty much ignore them, although they do go after flying insects.

We too seem to have a lot of spiders at the moment, think the overly hot weather has confused them! :D My 6 yr old is my expert bug catcher though, I get her with a tupperware container and a piece of paper and she's off catching and disposing. How lucky am I??

You wanna see the ones in the lock office , they move stuff around at night :eek:

Camel Spider

My mum and dad were in Kuwait for 18 years, obviously they loved the place - except for the bugs.

Mum is fond of telling the story where she sat for literally two hours after this beast crawled under the fridge.

Dad's response was to grope around under said fridge until he found it - not something I would fancy. Dad did mention that compared to humans they are very small!

camelas4.jpg

Apparently they aren't a true spider, more akin to scorpions - so that is all right then.

Mike

Last edited:
At least there's no flies around with spiddies like that

Holy crap at the picture above!

So, anyone know where I can get the insect screens from?

Camel Spiders are vicious little mothers. I was told by someone who used to do mechanical workshop work - heavy plant and and equipment in the ME that they used to fight camel spiders vs scorpions. Apparently the camel spiders used to win.
les

Living in the country we get lots of spiders, I never deliberately kill them, just relocate them. They do very little harm.

You know a spider is big when you plonk your boot on it and the thing makes off with you, or your foot :devil: :devil:

I always put spiders outside apart from the ones that we sometimes find in the garden shed.

Can you remember this post? :)

It's called a false black widow and is quite common down here and they think nothing of eating big bumble bees :eek: :eek:

Females can live for up to four years It can bite but the effect is similar to a mild wasp sting.

Regards
John

Camel Spiders are vicious little mothers. I was told by someone who used to do mechanical workshop work - heavy plant and and equipment in the ME that they used to fight camel spiders vs scorpions. Apparently the camel spiders used to win.
les

Have a look HERE

John, after all that work you didnt let the Spider keep his trophy? :crazy:

What happened to the Spider?

Have a look HERE

John, after all that work you didnt let the Spider keep his trophy? :crazy:

What happened to the Spider?
My wife assures me I merely evicted the thing, but she has just told me there is another one in my modelling shed :mad: ;)

No doubt the boss will be present when I serve an eviction order.:eek: :eek:

Regards
John

I'm glad it's not just me finding a larger number than usual, but I did wonder if it was just because my new house is next to some woods!

The smaller ones get put back outside, the larger ones get disposed of by more terminal means.

I'm also going to have to have some strong words with the local ant population which seems to like my kitchen every evening, even though I don't leave food or anything sweet out and the place is spotless! And no, the spiders don't seem to want to eat the ants.

My wife assures me I merely evicted the thing, but she has just told me there is another one in my modelling shed :mad: ;)

No doubt the boss will be present when I serve an eviction order.:eek: :eek:

Regards
John

Feeling concerned slightly regarding the GTG in August John:rolleyes: !!!

Chatting with an Aussie this morning and talking about our 8 legged friends in Oz and he was saying that the white tail spider is a naughty little critter:devil: , likes hiding in your bed and if you are unlucky to receive a bite, morphine doesn't little to help the pain. Can result in ulcers which apparently re-occur:eek: . You know what, this country isn't that bad really - we don't have too many of the world's deadliest insects and animals do we!

Still don't think I like the bumble bee killer

Large or small - definition

I have a simple test for defining whether a spider is too large to live.

If you can hear it when skittering across a wooden floor – then it is a .22 through the head, sorry spider lovers.

This definition is obsolete if you wake up in the middle of the night with one crawling over your chest. In this case all bets are off. :eek:

Mike

Still don't think I like the bumble bee killer
My daughter just found a False Black Widow in one of our shower rooms. :devil: :)

No red backs though :D

I think the real painful thingies in Australia are the horrible jelly fish

If we are talking pain then tickle the tum of one of these :)

Off to evict the lodger

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom