Planes, cobra's and a SL...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Initially wondered if the photo was taken at the De Havilland museum - 968uk had a day out there a couple of years ago, fantastic museum to visit especially if you're a Mosquito fan like me, they have 3!!

Nice picture ... shame the Cobras are partially hidden, but for me there's always something about the juxtaposing of cars and aircraft.

Dreading everything at the minute.

Cheer up, Darrell - my sister-in-law is a care assistant and was sent home after displaying possible signs of covid-19.. She was quite ill but is now recovering at home. My brother clearly caught this and is displaying the same symptoms. He is Type 2 diabetic recently transferred to insulin. He is also asthmatic. He had a serious accident as a pedestrian 2 years ago when he was run over by an uninsured driver and is still under consultant care and on constant medication. Not a good combination.

She has asked for a covid-19 test and told no can do at the moment.

They live in a 2 bed flat with no outside space and I feel completely powerless for not being able for getting them over here where we have loads of room, including a gîte, and live in the countryside.

He says ... there are millions worse off than us ... we'll cope. He's a true Yorkie.

Did I mention they have an 8-year-old lovely son who is autistic and demands 24/7 care?

But he's right ... there are many folk worse off than him ... sometimes we just need to reflect on this.

I can help him financially but although I call him every day and say "It's O.K. bruv, I'm here", I can't give him a hug.

Our fridge is covered in the usual magnets, but there is one I look at every single day ... it says " To my lovely wife - when I count my blessings, I count you twice". She's an East End girl and keeps my feet on the ground in so many ways, including family values.

My mum used to say to me "however bad you feel, there is always somebody worse off than you". A maxim which has served me well throughout my life.

Sorry - not aimed at you personally, but just to make a point and hopefully to make you feel a little better:)!

Stuart

Hunter T7? Can't tell the Cobra rep, Gardner Douglas maybe?
The blue car you can see is a Pilgrim Sumo, the plane and very good classic car museum is at Tacla Taid, Anglesey

The blue car you can see is a Pilgrim Sumo
I suppose it had to be either a Sumo, GD or a Hawk. I’m afraid I can’t drum up all that much enthusiasm for Cobra reps, they all look the same to me, as do the various LSIS offerings.

I suppose it had to be either a Sumo, GD or a Hawk. I’m afraid I can’t drum up all that much enthusiasm for Cobra reps, they all look the same to me, as do the various LSIS offerings.

Or it could have been a Crendon, AK, Dax, SRV8, Fiero Factory, Backdraft, Factory five but isn't the whole point of a replica that they all look the same? I.e. cobra shaped? :rolleyes:

Ah but what about AutoKraft?! Now is that a replica or a continuation? That's a debate!

They were based at Brooklands, i'm not sure if they're still going but I used to seem them occasionally in the neighbourhood.

Now is that a replica or a continuation? That's a debate!

With aircraft they are considered a 'restoration' rather than a 'replica' if they contain one single original piece (no matter how small/trivial). So you can dig up a corroded wreck that's been buried on a salt water beach for 45 years, build a completely new aircraft around a couple of small/cosmetic engine parts and that's then an original WW2 Spitfire:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This guy flies "his grandfather's 100 year old aircraft". In reality after he died they discovered he'd kept three small parts as souvenirs (the joystick, rudder bar and magneto), and a completely new aeroplane was built around those in 2012:

Reactions: 219
With aircraft they are considered a 'restoration' rather than a 'replica' if they contain one single original piece (no matter how small/trivial). So you can dig up a corroded wreck that's been buried on a salt water beach for 45 years, build a completely new aircraft around a couple of small/cosmetic engine parts and that's then an original WW2 Spitfire:

This guy flies "his grandfather's 100 year old aircraft". In reality after he died they discovered he'd kept three small parts as souvenirs (the joystick, rudder bar and magneto), and a completely new aeroplane was built around those in 2012:

A veritable flying Trigger's Broom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom