Planned Solihull Dealership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
2B939C35-61A3-4774-86CB-6E267641838E.png 210CD6DA-01E7-4133-8F03-AD523D39A419.png 3ECAF78F-D233-46CE-A26E-8741FFA344CC.png i was in Mercedes Solihull Service Centre yesterday, and taking-up one of their walls was an artist impression of a new/planned £20m Mercedes dealership.

The proposal is to redevelop a Solihull office building into a new four-storey head office with showroom, workshop bays, MOT bays and 223 parking spaces. It has been given unanimous approval by Solihull MBC in a move that is set to create 138 jobs.

Putting that in Solihull is like putting a diamond in a goats ass :D

Only kidding, looks like a good investment :cool:

That's a world away from their current place, which reminds me of a small town VW dealership which I visited in 1988, and which felt old then. At least the VW dealership had parking spaces though...

This new site looks much better!

I wouldn't be surprised if car manufacturers decided to build larger but fewer centres such as this. Regional rather than local.

I have a feeling Carwow and other similar sites are changing the way we buy cars these days.

Audi Solihull is huuuuge for a car dealership in the Badlands ...I mean Midlands ...it puts all Mercedes dealerships in the area (including Brmingham Central) to shame in terms of scale and "flash". They also managed to get more than their fair share of rude and arrogant sales people :)

They also managed to get more than their fair share of rude and arrogant sales people :)

This is why I prefer to buy new through Orange Wheels (or similar) all the unpleasantness is removed. I know what I want, I know what I'm paying, it was ordered and I turned up and collected it with no upselling and none of the usual fluff.

I think it's the future.

I still remember walking around to MB Solihull when it still had a GULF petrol station attached (I lived a couple of streets away as a kid in the 90s) and seeing 500SEC (W140) being amazed how you could have a car so big with only two doors!

This is why I prefer to buy new through Orange Wheels (or similar) all the unpleasantness is removed. I know what I want, I know what I'm paying, it was ordered and I turned up and collected it with no upselling and none of the usual fluff.

I think it's the future.
It was one of the reasons I leased our Audi from a broker, all done with a couple of emails. The experiences we had visiting showrooms were all negative, incompetent or rude summarises most.

Although I've not leased since, or used an intermediary to buy, I have applied what I liked about that experience when buying from a main dealer.

The last few cars I've bought I've sent an email, when I get a reply (surprisingly rare!) and I like their reply, then I tell them I'll come to see them 10 minutes before closing time on a Sunday, and if the car is right then I'll do the deal before they close. When the deal is done I tell them I'll collect 10 minutes before closing time on a weekday and if the car is as agreed, then I'll be gone by closing time.

It's surprising how keen to do a deal, efficient and BS-free the whole thing becomes with this approach.

Audi Solihull is huuuuge for a car dealership in the Badlands ...I mean Midlands ...it puts all Mercedes dealerships in the area (including Brmingham Central) to shame in terms of scale and "flash". They also managed to get more than their fair share of rude and arrogant sales people :)

Audi Sunderland (Lookers) also built a decent size one with roof parking, they got the foundations in and framework up and then had to pull it down and start again as the structure was not safe. ;)

It was one of the reasons I leased our Audi from a broker, all done with a couple of emails. The experiences we had visiting showrooms were all negative, incompetent or rude summarises most.

Although I've not leased since, or used an intermediary to buy, I have applied what I liked about that experience when buying from a main dealer.

The last few cars I've bought I've sent an email, when I get a reply (surprisingly rare!) and I like their reply, then I tell them I'll come to see them 10 minutes before closing time on a Sunday, and if the car is right then I'll do the deal before they close. When the deal is done I tell them I'll collect 10 minutes before closing time on a weekday and if the car is as agreed, then I'll be gone by closing time.

It's surprising how keen to do a deal, efficient and BS-free the whole thing becomes with this approach.

I know some people enjoy the bartering and dealing. I don't at all, I really despise it. So the idea of Carwow and such is simply wonderful for me.

I find buying used a painful experience.

I know some people enjoy the bartering and dealing. I don't at all, I really despise it. So the idea of Carwow and such is simply wonderful for me.

I find buying used a painful experience.

I wasn't aware that car dealers were up for barter.

I was really keen on an Audi S6 a few months back. Didn’t get much interest from several Audi dealers I walked into. Having said that the Solihull Audi place was good and let me have a boos look around a car with all family. Was passing through so didn’t proceed. In London found the dealers unhelpful.

The Solihull MB offering is awful esp considering it’s a wealthy area.

Question is where exactly will it be located

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom