Planned your 2017 road trip(s)yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would like to go on a tour in Europe like for 2 weeks but not sure I have enough funds...I`m still saving money for that.

Doing a trip to Lake Garda in June 2018 over 14 days plus the 2 days to get to the Newcastle Ferry from North Scotland with sceniccartours.com/lake-garda-2018 ,cant wait especially the Stelvio Pass

Looks like a great tour! Enjoy the Stelvio [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germany via France and Belgium.

NC500 in the Spring. Last year toured the lakes (Lucerne, Como), some snowy Italian passes, Innsbruck and the MB factory and museum in Stuttgart last. Lot of miles but worth it!
defea3724622aa48d215219c4d697e7f.jpg

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

Only really planned up until Jun so far but heading up to Scotland in spring then Intelaken in April and Le Mans in June

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My friend is moving to Inverness shortly so I'll be doing a trip from the South West.

I would love to do Le Mans again as I haven't been since 2004 but used to go every year up until then. The drive over from the Chunnel was amazing and always aimed to book the same train crossing as Ferrari UK etc to keep the fun to a maximum :) Miss the amazing friendliness between all the brit car enthusiast no matter what marque of car they drove. We used to all meet up at the side of the road after a toll and... how do I put it... Have an enthusiastic drive together :D

If you are going to Inverness visting
My friend is moving to Inverness shortly so I'll be doing a trip from the South West.

I would love to do Le Mans again as I haven't been since 2004 but used to go every year up until then. The drive over from the Chunnel was amazing and always aimed to book the same train crossing as Ferrari UK etc to keep the fun to a maximum :) Miss the amazing friendliness between all the brit car enthusiast no matter what marque of car they drove. We used to all meet up at the side of the road after a toll and... how do I put it... Have an enthusiastic drive together :D

a good chance for you to do the NC500 while you are there!

a good chance for you to do the NC500 while you are there!

Probably will. Defo want to do Applecross as many have said its a fantastic road to/from there :)

Probably will. Defo want to do Applecross as many have said its a fantastic road to/from there :)

Pretty much what I am planning. A friend recommended a hotel up there (will post the name when I get to my laptop) that's over towards Applecross. Planning on doing an early recce in the ML, maybe march time. According to the locals the best time is late april/early may.

Pretty much what I am planning. A friend recommended a hotel up there (will post the name when I get to my laptop) that's over towards Applecross. Planning on doing an early recce in the ML, maybe march time. According to the locals the best time is late april/early may.

https://www.thetorridon.com/ A friend of mine is a tour guide in the Highlands, reckons this is one of the best hotels around.

The only other road trip I am considering this year is heading up to the Trollstigaten in Norway, via family in Denmark.

The 2018 road trip is planned - once again steam railways feature at our destinations, but interspersed with narrow gauge railways - a new interest.

Applecross road is a must do

Doing a trip to Lake Garda in June 2018 over 14 days plus the 2 days to get to the Newcastle Ferry from North Scotland with sceniccartours.com/lake-garda-2018 ,cant wait especially the Stelvio Pass

That’s a great trip - I did it in September 2016.

2500 miles of driving heaven,.....

Just eyeing up the Stelvio pass on YouTube etc...... Tempted. Would be great as a whole group :)

Just eyeing up the Stelvio pass on YouTube etc...... Tempted. Would be great as a whole group :)

Stelvio is awesome but narrow. I did it a few years ago in an MX5 and it was a struggle to get 2 cars passed each other in the tunnels on the south side. Defo worth it though.

Stelvio is awesome but narrow. I did it a few years ago in an MX5 and it was a struggle to get 2 cars passed each other in the tunnels on the south side. Defo worth it though.

You mean that is a two way road ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom