Planning to buy an Argocat 6x6 - any owners here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
M & J Irving

Cargo Beck Cargo, Carlisle, Cumbria CA6 4BB
Anglo Scottish Border, Hadrian's Wall, Lake District
p: 01228674664

Try these guys. No website I'm afraid but they generally hold a good stock of Argo's from old to brand new and they have clients all over the UK.

Thanks for that, Camerafodder - I will definitely follow up on this as soon as the paperwork is finished on the purchase.

They just don't understand men, do they...http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/dk.gif

If this is a wetland bog, why does it need protection from building on, unless you think it might get drained.

Build a dam in it as well to create a pool..wildlife, especially migrating birds, love water.

Although it is protected under current legislation (Area of great landscape value, conservation area) that didn't stop Surrey county Council trying to build a quarry in this area last year. So we have bought it to stop any future building possibilities as our house looks down onto the swamp.

All improvement schemes are under consideration - including a pond of some form to encourage wildlife so in reality the Argo is so we can actively improve the wildlife environment (and clean up the A3 rubbish, which you wouldn't believe) without damaging the plants that live there. that should hopefully please E Class.

Though I might reserve a small corner for a bit of muddy hooning.

SPEED & POWER!!! What a great magazine, have still got all my copies somewhere.

I threw mine away when I was in my twenties, unfortunately. It was the inspiriation for me to become an engineer. Man, I loved that magazine :thumb:

You don't want to end up emulating Mikey Carroll......

I'd leave it well alone and concentrate on making it a real haven for wildlife. Improve the area rather than potentially wreck it.

A beautiful, yet mini, wildlife reserve will be a real selling point for the house too.

If you have children you could build a hide and watch the wildlife etc...

So many opportunities!

Thanks for that, Camerafodder - I will definitely follow up on this as soon as the paperwork is finished on the purchase.
Great fun, let us know how you get on. I should also mention that they (Irvings) have a great test site around the back of their factory unit for you to try out your prospective purchase. I've used Argo's extensively over the years, they're very handy and very capable. I've even plonked one on the back of the Mog before now for jobs that have that 'moshpit' finale! :D

Great fun, let us know how you get on. I should also mention that they (Irvings) have a great test site around the back of their factory unit for you to try out your prospective purchase. I've used Argo's extensively over the years, they're very handy and very capable. I've even plonked one on the back of the Mog before now for jobs that have that 'moshpit' finale! :D

I will report back. Still waiting for the deeds of sale to come through. I don't want to jump the gun and buy the Argo before the land purchase is sewn up (well, I do, but I would be a bit embarrassed owning an Argo with nowhere to drive it).

Well I was pushing it a bit not good for your patch but it just goes to show what you can get your hands on.

Quite what use the MOD had for an RS6 Avant who knows but its on that site for £12k

As are armoured Snatch lanrovers etcetc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom