Planning to buy an SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have owned the 911 997 and now have the SL63 2008. I also owed the 55. But my choice is the 63
Both vehicles could not be different. The Porsche is a much better cornering car.
The 63 is just a super fast car in a straight line and unlike the Porsche will have you with a smile on your face from the great 6-2 engine.

Running cost for me the Porsche is cheaper but that is because the Porsche is serviced every other year.

Having said that neither has let me down.

The Merc has a better interior than the Porsche bland interior . The 63 has better space available for storage too.

Both are cheap on insurance but both have just under £600 road tax a year.

I may decide to put mine up for sale but will only buy a newer version if the right model become available I have only covered 53k miles and do minimum miles each year.

I find it alway best to allow all high powered AMG to allow the oil to heat currently before driving with any real revs.

I have owned the 911 997 and now have the SL63 2008. I also owed the 55. But my choice is the 63
Both vehicles could not be different. The Porsche is a much better cornering car.
The 63 is just a super fast car in a straight line and unlike the Porsche will have you with a smile on your face from the great 6-2 engine.

Running cost for me the Porsche is cheaper but that is because the Porsche is serviced every other year.

Having said that neither has let me down.

The Merc has a better interior than the Porsche bland interior . The 63 has better space available for storage too.

Both are cheap on insurance but both have just under £600 road tax a year.

I may decide to put mine up for sale but will only buy a newer version if the right model become available I have only covered 53k miles and do minimum miles each year.

I find it alway best to allow all high powered AMG to allow the oil to heat currently before driving with any real revs.

100% on the oil temp on the older cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom