planning to buy hybrid-diesel (not plug-in), got a question about speed limit on electric motor???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shopar

Car
mercedes c300h
hi, new to the site, got a straight forward basic question.
planing to change my 2008 audi a4 diesel due to ulez zone plans, as i drive between london and hertfordshire.
i do 65miles per day mainly on A1.i was keen on mercedes c class, realised there is not much price difference between c250d vs. c300h
also not much difference on mpg's.
so i assumed i could make more miles with c300h, instead of 250d.
also i tought i could do 70mph on electric motor. but some sites say only lower speeds can be used by electric motor, is that true?

thanks alot guys!!! depending on your advices, i will go for 250d or 300h.

hi, new to the site, got a straight forward basic question.
planing to change my 2008 audi a4 diesel due to ulez zone plans, as i drive between london and hertfordshire.
i do 65miles per day mainly on A1.i was keen on mercedes c class, realised there is not much price difference between c250d vs. c300h
also not much difference on mpg's.
so i assumed i could make more miles with c300h, instead of 250d.
also i tought i could do 70mph on electric motor. but some sites say only lower speeds can be used by electric motor, is that true?

thanks alot guys!!! depending on your advices, i will go for 250d or 300h.
We’ve got a 2017 C300h. Love the car but the hybrid part is (IMO) pointless. I can trundle around the little roads in our village around 20mph but as soon as you demand a little more power the ICE kicks in.

Driving at all speeds the engine dies on coasting/downhill and kicks in again on demand. TBH it’s very seamless but still annoying (to me) to such a degree that I’m already in the habit of switching to S or S+ mode as soon as I start the engine. This disables the Stop/start feature.

My advice. Go the best spec’d 250d or 300h you come across first. Hybrid is handy to have but not essential.

Hope that’s helped a little. 👍

Have you considered a C350e? @Chris-S Has one. I’m sure he’ll advise.

Any Questions/queries could be asked here: C350e owners club | Electric Mercedes models

Last edited by a moderator:
We’ve got a 2017 C300h. Love the car but the hybrid part is (IMO) pointless. I can trundle around the little roads in our village around 20mph but as soon as you demand a little more power the ICE kicks in.

Driving at all speeds the engine dies on coasting/downhill and kicks in again on demand. TBH it’s very seamless but still annoying (to me) to such a degree that I’m already in the habit of switching to S or S+ mode as soon as I start the engine. This disables the Stop/start feature.

My advice. Go the best spec’d 250d or 300h you come across first. Hybrid is handy to have but not essential.

Hope that’s helped a little. 👍

Have you considered a C350e? @Chris-S Has one. I’m sure he’ll advise.

Any Questions/queries could be asked here: C350e owners club | Electric Mercedes models
woaw, that exactly what i wantted to hear, not some technical info. I think i agree with you, i might be off with the electric kicking in , I also had bmw before my audi, and I hated that i could not turn off the start stop at ones, the button always had to be pressed off when i start the engine in the mornings, ... hmm thanks alot, i dont know much about 300e, but I may not have came across it as I have set my specific budget on searches and i only came acrooss 250d and 300h models. , so it must be more than my budget. but i will have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom