Plastic clamp on strut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
2006 C220 cdi sport

I have just fitted backplates, Discs, and Pads but in doing so the plastic clip on the bottom of the RH strut that holds the brake pipe and abs wire broke.
Can anyone please give a part number or point me to one for sale. Trying to avoid the main agent if possible.

Thanks

2006 C220 cdi sport

I have just fitted backplates, Discs, and Pads but in doing so the plastic clip on the bottom of the RH strut that holds the brake pipe and abs wire broke.
Can anyone please give a part number or point me to one for sale. Trying to avoid the main agent if possible.

Thanks
It’s only worth avoiding MB parts if it’s expensive buddy , how much is it ?

I guess your right.
Just frightens me going into a main agent :)
Some parts are competitive buddy , it costs nothing to ask , just wear your best clothes and don’t let them pull your trousers down ;)

Kerabo . The MB main dealer should be the first place you ask for a price on a spare part, at least you then have a starting point when you go shopping.
Sometimes the prices can be pleasantly surprising - not often , I know - but always worth a look.

PS. Did you remove the hubs or cut the new back plates to install ?

Kerabo . The MB main dealer should be the first place you ask for a price on a spare part, at least you then have a starting point when you go shopping.
Sometimes the prices can be pleasantly surprising - not often , I know - but always worth a look.

PS. Did you remove the hubs or cut the new back plates to install ?
I removed the hubs.
I fitted backplates. And discs. All went well and the screws came out ok.,

I removed the hubs.
I fitted backplates. And discs. All went well and the screws came out ok.,
There is a foam section that protects the ABS sensor. I think if you cut them it would damage this fitting.,

No I meant cutting the new ones (often done) to ease fitting. The old ones sometimes just fall apart from rust and can be hacked off . I know what you mean about the screws , last time I did the job I needed a micro flame gas torch to get them out (Toyota) with that job I cut a small section out of the new ones and they slipped on a treat without disturbing the hubs.

On some of these backplates one often wonders who designed them that way, on this particular Toyota the small amount of steel that had to be removed to slip them on had no structural purpose whatsoever. I realise that all are not as simple and many can not be cut.

As you know on the S203 C class (rear) the handbrake springs attach to them so are an important part to not have rust away.

No I meant cutting the new ones (often done) to ease fitting. The old ones sometimes just fall apart from rust and can be hacked off . I know what you mean about the screws , last time I did the job I needed a micro flame gas torch to get them out (Toyota) with that job I cut a small section out of the new ones and they slipped on a treat without disturbing the hubs.

On some of these backplates one often wonders who designed them that way, on this particular Toyota the small amount of steel that had to be removed to slip them on had no structural purpose whatsoever. I realise that all are not as simple and many can not be cut.

As you know on the S203 C class (rear) the handbrake springs attach to them so are an important part to not have rust away.
I have not even seen the rears so can’t comment.
My front plate fell off in my drive. I got a pair of new ones from eBay for I think £38 delivered.
although the Torque screws were very rusty all came out without problem.

My problem is front discs distorting. This is the 3rd set in as many years but they changed them all under warranty. I think poor quality As originals would be a £350 upwards job. Mine are the 330mm sports brakes.
All good now
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom