Plastic sump plug torx? w205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
W205 220D it has a plastic sump plug, no torx pressure on it but has a lug on the side. Do you just tighten till it clicks or ? I can strip a thread on anything. A garage is doing the service in with the deal of purchase at the end of a year of ownership, but i have bought the mb oil plug etc to be fitted (my choice) i know they will know unless they use a pump, but i would like to know about a plastic sump plug as i have never seen one before, when you take it out does it break the lug off, so i know if they have removed it? i will ask them for the old one so i know how its been done. thanks

Well you learn something every day ...So now Mercedes have started to fit plastic sump plugs .. And sure enough it is plastic type of material ...I would say looking at the sump plug .It works more like a tap it fits in the hole first and then you turn it with a screw driver it will only go so far there is no need to set it with a torque wrench ...But keep looking in for other answers.

W205 220D it has a plastic sump plug, no torx pressure on it but has a lug on the side. Do you just tighten till it clicks or ? I can strip a thread on anything. A garage is doing the service in with the deal of purchase at the end of a year of ownership, but i have bought the mb oil plug etc to be fitted (my choice) i know they will know unless they use a pump, but i would like to know about a plastic sump plug as i have never seen one before, when you take it out does it break the lug off, so i know if they have removed it? i will ask them for the old one so i know how its been done. thanks
Exactly as you describe, you turn it till the little tag clicks over. You can reuse them, it has a green O ring, but a new one will guarantee no leaks and they are cheap

Torque, not Torx.

Torx is a 6 sided star shaped screw drive.

Torque, not Torx.

Torx is a 6 sided star shaped screw drive.
It's just a different twist on things 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom