Plausability MAF Error STILL AAAARGHHH

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

driver30

Car
E350 CDI SPORT 2010 W212
Hi all again. thank you firstly for the one reply i had regarding possible solution to my issue.... EML light Sometimes limp mode no boost..

Well, ive recently installed New Air Filters guys as my old were buzzing.... And cleaned my EGR valve to boot. Removed Dtc codes for the MAF... went 20 miles if that, light back on.... Still runs Great when it runs, but sometimes theres no boost, and it takes an age to get upto 50-60mph... If ignition is knocked off and back on, it normally sorts itself... Im positive its to do with breathing of the engine but just cant pinpoint the issue.. What about MAP sensor on passanger side air intake Housing??? generally a cheap part...??? EGR valve maybe sticking pins????

Any help again guys. Thanks...

Attachments

• 20220604_103505.jpg
    20220604_103505.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220604_103520.jpg
    20220604_103520.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Do you have any other fault codes?

If it's just the MAF I'd first check for any air leaks on the intake side, cracks, loose seals anything.

I'd clean the MAF with MAF or contact cleaner - spray only don't touch the MAF.

A clogged up MAP might be a possible cause.

When you fit air filters you have to use a diag to tell the ecu it’s had new filters.

There’s also a maf relearn you can try.

I would also check that the intake pipes in to the filters are on correctly.

So any luck sorting this issue Has I all so had changed the air filters and fuel filter which meant lifting bat wing up and mechanic didnt notice seal had slipped on turbo so changed seal and now Eml came on so scanned it came up with left mass air flow sensor cleaned them both but came back on, so changed pcv valve because of age,
So how do you tell car you have changed air filters or is that not on 320s ?
I have ordered a new bat wing with sensors should be here tomorrow so fingers crossed

SDS has filter reset. As well as MAF reset (if changed). When exactly MAF playsibility error pops up? Before engine is started? Right after start? After flooring the pedal?

Hi stated my car this morning all ok drove about 50 miles stopped for about 1 hour then got in started it up light stayed on runns fine boosts ok no issues traveled about 40 miles stopped around 30 mins still on.
plugged icarsoft mbII in left mass air flow sensor foil exceeded limit reset all ok starts fine no Eml

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom