Play MP3 files?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
SuzyCute has a R171 with standard Audio 20 (option 523) and a CD changer (option 819)

What is the least expensive way for her to play MP3 files (CD or USB stick), preferably with details displayed on the Audio 20 screen

Thanks

Does the car have an aux input and or USB input?

If so then any sort of USB or MP3 player will play

If she has the cd changer, pretty sure you should be able to burn MP3 files to cd and play them.
Certainly does on my CLK - it means you can get (from memory) around 80 tracks per disk.

Worth a try first.

Ted said:
If she has the cd changer, pretty sure you should be able to burn MP3 files to cd and play them. Certainly does on my CLK - it means you can get (from memory) around 80 tracks per disk. Worth a try first.

Adding to this- if it doesn't recognise Mp3's then the songs could be burnt to cd as audio files instead, obviously the limit then is the time allocated on the disc, I.e 80 minutes etc

If she has the cd changer, pretty sure you should be able to burn MP3 files to cd and play them.
Certainly does on my CLK - it means you can get (from memory) around 80 tracks per disk. Worth a try first.

I thought that too, but the CD's I used on her Audio-20 (2.5) in the A Class do not work in this set-up. From memory, it is only the later CD changers. What is the CD changer option number on yours?

Does the car have an aux input and or USB input? If so then any sort of USB or MP3 player will play

Nope - and with an AUX not sure the track detail etc. would be on the display. But thanks

Mine is a 2007 - I'll see if I can get the numbers.

Mine is a 2007 - I'll see if I can get the numbers.

Thanks - the option number for your Audio-20 would be useful too (you may well have the Audio 20 2.5). Help appreciated

Is your Audio 20 like this? Or does it have the CD slot above?

Audio-20.jpg

Last edited:
I have Comand in mine, but sure that the changer isn't head unit dependent.

No need Ted - I have a totally different CD changer. Thanks anyway

So, back to my original question: SuzyCute has a R171 with standard Audio 20 (option 523) and a CD changer (option 819)
What is the least expensive way for her to play MP3 files (CD or USB stick), preferably with details displayed on the Audio 20 screen

Alfie/Richard around?

Cheers

Haven't got the part number ( may be able to get that tonight) but... View attachment 59426

View attachment 59427

Will this do the trick? And if so, is it a straight swap?

MERCEDES E CLS SLK CLASS W219 W211 R171 6 CD CHANGER MP3 PLAYER 2118700889 | eBay

No need Ted - I have a totally different CD changer. Thanks anyway

So, back to my original question: SuzyCute has a R171 with standard Audio 20 (option 523) and a CD changer (option 819)

Alfie/Richard around?

Cheers

Sorry to be a pain, but could someone help please?

I am looking for confirmation that a W211 CD changer with MP3 capability (A211 870 38 89) is a straight swap with the current CD changer in Sue's R171 (MY2004)

Also, will it then display track information on her Audio-20

Many thanks

Sorry to be a pain, but could someone help please?

I am looking for confirmation that a W211 CD changer with MP3 capability (A211 870 38 89) is a straight swap with the current CD changer in Sue's R171 (MY2004)

Also, will it then display track information on her Audio-20

Many thanks

Alfie/Richard came up trumps again, so for the benefit of future searches on this subject, the answers are yes it it's straight swap but no display of track information

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom