Playstation 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
Just bought myself one of these, really as a blu-ray dvd player, now that has won. I'm impressed, plugged it into my cheap & cheerful 32" LCD TV with the included hdmi (looks like usb but wider) cable, and amazing quality video.

It also plays the stuff I've recorded on my £120 video camera and makes it look great, even resized to full screen. (media player via the wireless lan).

You (not me, I'm incompetant) can even play games on it.

Usually, shiny stuff like this leaves me feeling a bit let down, but not this:)

Just get a HD TV and ur rock and rolling jabroni! :D

aha! missed the HDMI bit! My baaaa-d

COD4 is hell of a game. Get online rob and reek the rewards of online gaming....if there are any :D

I bought a PS3 when they first came out (on the grounds that I didn't have one) and it's quite a piece of kit. It does need to be plugged into a decent panel though - I've tried connecting it to the old fashioned telly in the bedroom - bad move, it looked awful!

Wish I had more time to play games but have too many pressures on my time, the perils of being a grown up. But for my money, the killer app for all the playstation series has been Gran Turismo (in its various incarnations).. when GT5 comes out I can see a lot of late nights coming on!

Cheers,

Gaz

well, thats me lacking then.

Don't have any of these gadgets!

PS2 games on PS3?

Is it true that the newer versions of PS3 are not backwards compatible?

My 'consultant' told me this is true on the basic (40gb?) version, but the more expensive version will play older games, but is rather more pricey.

No idea if the new one actually plays any games, I haven't tried it:)

Can you still get the expensive version new? The 60GB version used to sell for between £400 and £500 didn't it?

Am still tempted by the XBox 360 Elite for £300.

It's the cheaper version (smaller hard disk and few other bits dropped) that doesn't play PS2 games. The full spec. version does (although still not guaranteed to run everything). You can get an adapter to read PS2 (and PS1) memory cards in through a USB port ... these are then stored as "virtual" cards on the PS3 hard disk and you can pick which ones you assign to "slot 1" and "slot 2" before you fire up a game.

Can you still get the expensive version new?

AFAIK it is due to be dropped, but if you type "PS3 60 gb" into Google (UK search) it still seems to be on sale ... first couple:

http://www.simplygames.com/info/14747/Playstation-3-Console-PS3-60Gb-PS3

http://www.vartate.com/gamingplaces...tation 3.cfm?gclid=CNG17eyN6ZECFQdhMAod5g5_XQ

(note this one says "now back in stock"?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom