Pleasant surprise after oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocious

Car
2005 E200 1.8 kompressor
So I have just performed C service on my M271 E200, and to my surprise no joke, it’s like a different car, cold starts are quieter, feels stronger and pulls better, MPG has increased and in general just better all round, I’ll be cutting intervals in half from now on, 10k miles and it was brownish in color well past is service, 5k intervals from now on which bodes well as it takes a liter about then anyway, guess what I’m saying is oil changes are a must, don’t follow manufacturers schedule especially on a older high mileage car, I’m thinking of getting oil analysis done on what came out!
Any suggestions as to where to get this done?
Never been so satisfied with a simple oil change.

Guiness probably came out to have that effect.
If Carlsberg made engine oil eh.

Guiness probably came out to have that effect.
If Carlsberg made engine oil eh.
Sure did man, your too witty for me, glad your up for pulling the piss, and on a lower note hope your car shits it’s guts tomorrow,
There I lowered myself haha, don’t have time for piss takers sorry, thought forum was free of dopes

I don’t want to fall foul of forum, I think lockdown getting to people, and tbh thought better if it’s members, it’s good to joke, but for the good of everyone I’ll stay quiet on this one, enjoy maintaining your cars everyone hmm hmm, probably half on here probably actually do their own, I’ll stick to enjoying my high mileage, little bit worn, but still a pleasure to own car, enjoy your flash motors and led around by nose by MB dealerships, a bit towards keeping myself to myself now with my limited knowledge, must not have the Witt or need to act the fool as some do, big emphasis on limited knowledge, amused tbh and let down also, enthusiasts sure thing, glad there’s a few on here mechanical minded, probably remember how well there motorcycles ran after maintenance too but guess that’s a placebo too

So I have just performed C service on my M271 E200, and to my surprise no joke, it’s like a different car, cold starts are quieter, feels stronger and pulls better, MPG has increased and in general just better all round, I’ll be cutting intervals in half from now on, 10k miles and it was brownish in color well past is service, 5k intervals from now on which bodes well as it takes a liter about then anyway, guess what I’m saying is oil changes are a must, don’t follow manufacturers schedule especially on a older high mileage car, I’m thinking of getting oil analysis done on what came out!
Any suggestions as to where to get this done?
Never been so satisfied with a simple oil change.
I used the oil lab for my e93 M3

I don’t want to fall foul of forum, I think lockdown getting to people, and tbh thought better if it’s members, it’s good to joke, but for the good of everyone I’ll stay quiet on this one, enjoy maintaining your cars everyone hmm hmm, probably half on here probably actually do their own, I’ll stick to enjoying my high mileage, little bit worn, but still a pleasure to own car, enjoy your flash motors and led around by nose by MB dealerships, a bit towards keeping myself to myself now with my limited knowledge, must not have the Witt or need to act the fool as some do, big emphasis on limited knowledge, amused tbh and let down also, enthusiasts sure thing, glad there’s a few on here mechanical minded, probably remember how well there motorcycles ran after maintenance too but guess that’s a placebo too
If you could try your replies in coherent sentences I think it might help.

D
How do you think the car got to a high mileage?
Not from maintenance trust me, a look inside oil cap tells enough, it’s stained brown, I know history of car, I’m not worried 200 k miles on original timing chain and gear, not Doing too bad tbh

That’s enough now, show yere age , let it be, no point in my post anymore, be safe.

I’ll look into it, it’s my intention to drive well into high mileage to see longevity, thanks
I think you can have 3 different test's from £30 - £50 it told me everything i needed to know they send the bottle paid postage and a syringe 😃

I think you can have 3 different test's from £30 - £50 it told me everything i needed to know they send the bottle paid postage and a syringe 😃
I’ll go with them so thanks, will be my first time doing it but I have plan, keep it to myself tbh after this thread content but basically we will see how long these M271’s can last, thanks for suggestion

On an M271 engine....? That's some achievement. The timing gear is a notoriously weak point on these engines.
The car was known to my father from purchase, a friends wife owned it, before my father passed he convinced his friend to part with car, car was maintained for 15 years by MSL, had car history checked and it never had chain and gear replaced, plus when I asked MSL who went by VIN said I need not worry, being honest there is an intermittent hydraulic follower rattle on start up every 1 out of 5 cold starts, even after reading the reports of engine failure on hear, I’ll stick with the advice and not worry, the roads are littered with same car as mine same year ect.. there all not still going by luck, also informed that aside from timing chain stories there defects also involve badly machined cylinder heads around exhaust valves, little known fact that, but I was told not to worry, next plug change I’ll look under cover but yes it’s still going strong on original timing gear and tensioner, like I said there everywhere here, only seen one instance of failure a C180 and my boss repaired that, if really interested I can pull valve cover and picture gears this lockdown, hard to believe but true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom