Pleasant surprise after oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks remarkably good for 200,000 miles. It's hard to judge sprockets unless you know what they look like when new but there doesn't seem to be excessive wear.

I always thought the infamous M271 problem couldn't affect every car otherwise we would hear even more about it than we already do. The early failures on some engines may be a quality control problem or poor metallurgy.

Nice quality pictures.

This photo might help:

difference-03-09-12.04.46.jpg

'Here you can see the difference between an adjuster with worn teeth, and a new adjuster with hardened teeth.'

From here:

All buttoned up and back together, I must say though, removing the valve cover is not an easy job, I managed to get it off and on without removing airbox to acces the screw holding the loom down that crosses valve cover, very difficult to put cover back on without pinching the new gaskets, nearly did and just about managed to get it done,

Sure, but what is the issue with their marketing? Apart from the shark skin, which, as said, understandably is not to everyone's taste. Seems to me they were spot-on in boating about their tyre's performance in respect of aquaplaning resistance. No problem there?
Boating and aquaplaning! Love it !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom