Pleasant surprise with COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Took my car in to Tony Purslow today to get the easy entry seats electrics checked and the car came out having been reprogrammed fully for COMAND to display in the instrument cluster! Plus the seats are fixed plus its got a new MOT all for £90 inclusive. Well pleased.

i'd love to get my hands on one of those Star diagnosis systems!

Alfie said:
the car came out having been reprogrammed fully for COMAND to display in the instrument cluster

What does it do differently to what it did before?

presume gives info on cd tracks/radio station/nav etc. in the display between the speedo/tacho as well as the Comand unit in centre console between the seats.

How do u get the cd track names on the comand screen??

Bobby Dazzler said:
What does it do differently to what it did before?

Previously it wasnt showing anything on the instrument cluster. Now it show directions, distance to turning and road names.

CD names can be programmed into comand by selecting CD name when a Cd is playing.

Alfie said:
CD names can be programmed into comand by selecting CD name when a Cd is playing.
It nearly always holds one character less than the title of the CD :rolleyes:

Shude said:

So true, it's a shame they couldn't use something like CD Text, but I guess that means MB having to pay royalties / licence fee to Sony (I think?)

Shude said:

Yep so true.

You can of course put in a very common CD and program the name of it to be your own phone number. If the unit is then stolen there is a good chance that your phone number or the words 'Stolen unit' will pop up when the new 'owner' uses it!

Alfie said:
Yep so true.

You can of course put in a very common CD and program the name of it to be your own phone number. If the unit is then stolen there is a good chance that your phone number or the words 'Stolen unit' will pop up when the new 'owner' uses it!
This assumes that the seller hasn't blasted the memory away with the "reset to factory" option, which probably erases everything.

Good idea though, the question is: which CD? :)

My friend's father has a W210 E300D and he regularly has stuff like "popular funeral dirges vol. III" etc knocking around in his car, is that the kind of thing your average MB owner listens to? ;)

Alfie said:
Previously it wasnt showing anything on the instrument cluster. Now it show directions, distance to turning and road names.

Ah I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom