Please advise good car dealer to sell my E Class. (I am moving into central London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
Hi guys,

I never been selling such expensive car before (bought it from Merc Dartford). I live in Harrow on the Hill now but am going to move to central London in next few months.

Is there 'normal' car dealers who can sell car for decent price and not trying to screw you?

It has full MBSH and 6 months of extended warranty (pays for everything except tyres, tears and wears etc). Serviced just a month ago. All by book.

Excellent car but I dont want it in London. And I dont want to deal with buyers personally. Dont have time for that plus dont want to take risks with cash etc.

Is there guys who can be trusted? And how much they usually charge for the service?

Thanks

Not local but you could try a prestige non-franchise dealer like www.wimbledon-carriage.co.uk and there are plenty of others

Or just sell it privately through Autotrader (put just a phone number [no email as to avoid the African scammers] and put no canvassers and time wasters in the ad)

Do not be conned by the merchants who offer to sell on your behalf for a fee who claim to have lots of buyers waiting!

He's not about at the moment (he's on honeymoon), but you could try contacting forum member jaymanek. He runs an independent Mercedes dealership called Mercland, and he offered to buy my C43 when I wanted to sell it. We came to a mutually agreeable figure after a little negotiation, and it took all the aggravation of advertising and selling the car privately out of the equation.

What you should bear in mind, however, is the fact that dealers are in business to make money and the margin between trade and retail on your car will probably be quite large - big, thirsty cars are getting more and more difficult to sell in the current economic environment. You may find a dealer who's willing to sell it on a commission basis - perhaps attractive for them as they don't have collateral tied up in the car - but you might then find they're more interested in selling the cars they have on the forecourt rather than yours. Bit of a swings and roundabouts situation.

I would recommend you contact Jay when he returns to the forum, he's a well respected member on here and I found him very pleasant and professional to deal with.

Cheers,

Gaz

thanks for the tips guys. Will try all the possibilitites.

btw - I dont mind to leave my car on the yard if people are reputable. I dont use it (just food shopping once a week. my last year mileage was 1800 :crazy: )

Pop an ad in the Classifieds on here too - at least people looking will probably be after a Merc :)

be wary of anyone phoning you saying pay us £60 and we have people lined up to buy your car.
it is a scam

Pop an ad in the Classifieds on here too - at least people looking will probably be after a Merc :)

Good point! (and it's free..:))

Cheers,

Gaz

Give Jay from Mercland a call, he is a forum member and is a top chap and he should be able to help you. He may still be away on honeymoon at the moment though.

www.mercland.com

Back now! Thanks for all the recommendations guys..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom