Please advise...still not recieved a court summons.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

For speeding that is ;)

I was caught two months ago and stopped, failed to produce my licence at the station.

Was told i would recieve a letter through the post which i would then need to sign etc and send my money off with it.

Its basically the way it used to be done before photo id's were introduced.

Two months later and no letter.

Any advice?

I believe it could take up to 12 months before you receive a summons for failing to produce and speeding. Its likely now you've lost any chance of a fixed penalty. What was the speeding offence? (How bad?)

You've already received the NIP in the form of your HORT1 so the time limit is much higher than the standard 2 weeks.

6 months is the limit for a summary offence (speeding) and you can expect to be summonsed for failing to produce your licence too.

Sp!ke is right that there will be no NIP due to you having been stopped.

Speak to a solicitor once you get the paperwork through the post.

:eek:

6 months is the limit for a summary offence (speeding) and you can expect to be summonsed for failing to produce your licence too.

Sp!ke is right that there will be no NIP due to you having been stopped.

Speak to a solicitor once you get the paperwork through the post.

:eek:
whats NIP?

Notice of Intended Prosecution.

Interesting that you say 6 months Swiss Toni because not once have mine ever come in within that time. When I last got legal advice on the matter I was told it was 12 months.

Oh right..

The copper behind the desk told me two months ago to expect it in the post and then send it off..

What an **** about. Apologies for the language..

Go to your nearest police station and demand to be arrested and charged.

Or, alternatively, do nowt.

Go to your nearest police station and demand to be arrested and charged.

Or, alternatively, do nowt.

i'm doing nowt. Plus its too cold outside, they can come to my house and arrest me instead.

i'm doing nowt. Plus its too cold outside, they can come to my house and arrest me instead.

Now we all know why you're leaving Leeds to go to the Midlands....a wanted man...lol...:D

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

Direct from the CPS

The police have to serve a summons on the defendant within 6 months of the date on which the prosecutor (normally the CPS) certify that they have collated enough evidence to bring a charge. This does not mean that the police have 6 months from the date of the offence to charge the accused. If anyone receives a summons more than 6 months after the alleged offence, request a copy of the signed and dated certificate of prosecution from the Police/CPS. For a normal common or garden speeding offence with no complications there is absolutely no reason why the prosecution should not issue a summons within 6 months of the offence. Notwithstanding the above, the Prosecution must bring proceedings within 3 years of the alleged offence. The NIP 14 day rule still applies for Gatso and other devices, where you are not stopped and warned of proscecution at the time of the offence.

if it's lost in the post or go's to your old house & you don't get it they will arrest you & you will be held to appear in court so let's hope it's not a friday night :D :D

Interesting that you say 6 months Swiss Toni because not once have mine ever come in within that time. When I last got legal advice on the matter I was told it was 12 months.

Stopped for speeding and you have not been got a summons to court for over 6 months?

And the case has gone ahead?

Crikey.

Abuse of process I'd say.

:rolleyes:

Is there anything one can do about this abuse of process retrospectively then?

It would be nice to remove the ban off my license. Compensation would be good too. :)

Stopped for speeding and you have not been got a summons to court for over 6 months?

And the case has gone ahead?

Crikey.

Abuse of process I'd say.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, or just a really clogged up court system! Its not unusual for a case to take over a year to go to court :crazy:

Though not for speeding (Driving without Due Care & Attention, some of you may remember this) mine arrived 2 days before the 6 month mark...

Spike: Not sure if there is anything you can do retrospectively... a professional would be a good contact...

Actually I'm good friends with the local chief prosecutor and he owes me a big favour so next time.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom