Please can forum members inform us to the outcome of the problem they have.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes it's very annoying. Threads are started, members comment and the OP gets their problem solved. Some never update their thread and some don't come back at all. It has always happened and unfortunately probably always will.

Some people will post in several places looking for advice. They then manage all of the communication channels for a while, until they lose interest (and lose track) of which conversations they have on each forum.

There are those (and there's been quite few recently) who return and report the outcome and express gratitude for the advice they've received which I appreciate for a number of reasons. Possibly occurs more that way on the quieter threads with less people involved and so noticed less where the bigger more sensationalist threads when not followed up are noticeable to all.

Yes an outcome to a problem helps everyone.

Can I add a plea to make thread titles descriptive of the problem so that we have some clue what we are about to read and so that a search for that problem at some future date will easily find the thread. This thread has an excellent title. To be fair most thread titles are quite good but the ones like "please help" or even "urgent please help" incline me to not even read the thread.

I can’t see new members reading this thread when they create their “Urgent Please Help “ thread :p

The worst offenders are often the most demanding types. Those that seem to think the the internet exists purely for their convenience and that forum members are at their beck and call. Oddly enough, having this exact same conversation on another forum I frequent.

This really gets my goat, I am not a regular contributor, but I do read plenty of past topics, and there are so many where there has been no final outcome/report from said OP, it’s sad and to me a bit discourteous, kind and knowledgeable people giving up their time and helping, and giving solutions, and the OP’s get the benefit of this, for free, the least they could do is come back and report the outcome, even if they don’t wish to continue and participate on the forum, at least it would help others who find themselves in the same or similar predicament.

It was just a rash, the doctor gave some ointment for it.

So, is it time now that we all revisited our old threads and ensured that they were finished off completely?

So, is it time now that we all revisited our old threads and ensured that they were finished off completely?

Hi , what happened in the past is the past.

I thought a touch of common courtesy would not go a miss.
That may be so, nonetheless, if readers of the thread should all feel the need to update old threads I'm sure the knowledge base would be all the richer for it....

I can understand why members get upset over the poster not coming back , and to never thank the forum for their help . So many just go and thats it .
I post up a question, on the forum . and i can see it gets over 50 views, and yet not one of them came to help me . I try and help everyone that i can . But there are times when we all get stuck with a problem that needs a quick fix ,, Because we will never know all about every model of Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom