Please help 096 or 019 battery for 2010 E200 W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi There, My battery on earl 2010 Benz E class W212 dead today. The parts number is A0045418601. It hasn't changed since purchase (13 years lol ).

Mercedes Edinburgh sells the genuine parts for £217 , -- peace of mind, that should work as old one. only 2 years warranty though.
I read the threat that Varta battery selling for £139 on ebay. -- not sure the quality need to measure the size etc to make sure it fits, 4 year warranty though.

My current battery is dead, thus I need to get one quickly to be able to start the car.

What should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

Hi There, My battery on earl 2010 Benz E class W212 dead today. The parts number is A0045418601. It hasn't changed since purchase (13 years lol ).

Mercedes Edinburgh sells the genuine parts for £217 , -- peace of mind, that should work as old one. only 2 years warranty though.
I read the threat that Varta battery selling for £139 on ebay. -- not sure the quality need to measure the size etc to make sure it fits, 4 year warranty though.

My current battery is dead, thus I need to get one quickly to be able to start the car.

What should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

Varta E39 . Or this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125-061802.png
    Screenshot_20230125-061802.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 4
Varta E39 . Or this
Thank you , will these other brand battery last long ? I also noticed on right hand side there is a anti leak pipe , not sure these other brand battery has one ?

Thank you , will these other brand battery last long ? I also noticed on right hand side there is a anti leak pipe , not sure these other brand battery has one ?
That's a breather pipe for when it's charging to expel gases. . If it's longevity your after I think you answered your own question tbh.

The 115 I bought at Halfords has 5 year warranty. So I guess what they are saying is ,the battery your buying should last AT LEAST the length of any warranty given.

£228 will buy you 2 Exide batteries, giving you at least 6 years , compared to mb 2 years .

Also Varta make the batteries for mb , so don't be lured by the mb star .

Last edited:
That's a breather pipe for when it's charging to expel gases. . If it's longevity your after I think you answered your own question tbh.

The 115 I bought at Halfords has 5 year warranty. So I guess what they are saying is ,the battery your buying should last AT LEAST the length of any warranty given.

£228 will buy you 2 Exide batteries, giving you at least 6 years , compared to mb 2 years .

Also Varta make the batteries for mb , so don't be lured by the mb star .
Thank you , another answer from the Exide battery seller on ebay:

"I have looked into this and you currently have a Varta E39, The Exide you are looking at is identical so will be ideal. "

so MB battery under the hood is Varta E39 selling for £139 on market and I can get Exide too : )

Try your local Mercedes dealer, the high price from Newcastle could include hefty delivery prices?

I always purchase from MB, they last 10-15 years.

My 2012 and my mates 2007 w204 are still using oem battery.

My 2012 and my mates 2007 w204 are still using oem battery.
Because they don't have the latest electronics which only charge the battery to 80 per cent to allow regenerative braking to do the rest. Another crap system that batteries do not like.

Try your local Mercedes dealer, the high price from Newcastle could include hefty delivery prices?
Checked with local one . They quote £220 without delivery , Edinburgh Benz includes delivery for £217 :)

I'd of thought more 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom