Please help in updating the NavTeq Maps for Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
So I now have my new Comand update but I am still finding Petrol Stations that were closed over 10 years ago and roads that are missing. Really annoying but I guess no one has told them.

It turns out you can register on the NavTeq website and report errors on the maps and also add in points of interest e.g. new Super markets, petrol stations, pubs etc.

I have taken it on myself to report all the misinformation on my local area. Can we all log in and report all the other errors on the map.

Quite a simple process they show you the map they have you select bits of road and pinpoint where things are. They even send you a reference so you can check on the progress of them sorthing out the issue :thumb:

Together we can solve the MB map crisis :D

NAVTEQ Map Reporter

When I moved into my current house, it was brand new. No surprise that it did not appear on any map.

After a year still nothing.

After 2 years it was getting silly so I did some research. It turns out there were 3 easy ways to fix the problem.

1. Via the Navteq website as posted above
2. If you have a TomTom satnav and use the map share function to report the missing road
3. Via Google Maps, right click where the error is and select "report a problem" and provide the details.

Now what you should find is that the errors you are seeing on your in car nav should be reflected on Google maps as it is the same mapping data.

In my case, within 4 weeks, my road was added to Google maps and on the next TomTom map update, there I was.

Remember, whilst Navteq drive millions of miles each year mapping our country, they can't be everywhere but at least there is a way for you to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom