Please help me find the right tool for the job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Some assistance please :)

I'm after a Phillips screwdriver that will work through 90 degrees. Access is tight, maybe 50mm, so nothing too deep. Also the screws might be quite tight, so it needs to be rigid. I don't know the exact size, so the head needs to be changeable.

Does anyone know of such a tool - either a standalone tool or something that will clip on to my 3/8" wrench?

I've tried searching myself of course, but am yet to find anything the fits the bill.

Many thanks.

edit: maybe something like this......a little cheaper would be nice
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/twin-wren..._Equipment&hash=item3a794253df#ht_1411wt_1163

Last edited:
Ratchet handle on a 1/4 drive socket set? My 1/4 drive set has a short adapter to take screwdriver etc bits plus assorted hex, phillips etc heads.

In my caravan tool kit I have a set of 3 screwdrivers that are this shape
L_____
.........I (ignore dots)
They have a philips head at one end and a ordinary one at the other and you can exert a massive torque on the biggest one!

Even cheaper if you already have a phillips of the right size: Just heat it up and bend as required.
Had several like this years ago when I had my own garage.

Thanks chaps. Seems I was using the wrong keywords search.

This looks suitable and less than £4 :)

RIGHT ANGLE OFFSET RATCHET SCREWDRIVER SET WITH 10 BITS DIY HAND TOOL 5055143913118 | eBay

Bought a similar one from machine mart about 6months ago. Order code 040218910 - cost £7.19
Or thisfrom screwfix. Handle is removable & shaft can be fitted to cordless drill chuck. Not 90 degrees though, more like 75 degree angle.

Edit - Just noticed VeryTallDave has posted the same link

Last edited:
Yup offset ratchet is a handy tool to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom