PLEASE HELP!! My e55 w211 keeps throwing and/or shredding the belt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamiet1986

Car
w211 E55 AMG,
My e55 w211 keeps shredding and/or throwing belts off the supercharger, i have replaced the tensioner and the idle pulley and also fitted a belt wrap kit but the problem keeps happening. The last belt i tried was a k080545 as this was recommended by eurocharged uk to be the right size.

Please if someone has any suggestions i would appreciate it

I'm running a 172mm crank pulley also

thanks

Is the car running a stock or smaller supercharger pulley.

It sounds like something isnt running true.

What make crank pulley is on the car. Is it a merc crank pulley that has been modified.

As above, if the SC pulley is stock, and other tensioner/ id pulleys are sound, you would have to question the crank pulley.

Also wondered why your running the BWK , if its stock SC pulley, and a 172 crank pulley, must be on the edge to weather its worth the fitment, my own BWK is a right pain, EC SC pulley, Kleemann crank pulley, not shredding belts but doing bearings far too soon for my liking, really cheese's me off. I can check my belt no, tomorrow and advise, but seems from post you have slightly different set up, so not sure it will be relative.
If I had faith with the weistec crank pulley I would go back to stock SC pulley, and possibly rid myself of the BWK on a trial basis, though it might have to go back on.
Not to hijack the thread of OP, but could I ask if anyone is running this weistec crank pulley, anyone got one and running it, if so what size pulley?

Last edited:
The crank pulley is meant to be a eurocharged but i have no paperwork to back it up as was on the car when bought.

I fitted the belt wrap to increase my sc pulley surface area that was in contact with the belt hoping it would stop it coming off but obviously didn't work.

No sorry i wouldn't know what to do with a gauge tbh

thanks for the replys

i now believe the problem to be the crank pulley is offset as others have had the same problem in the us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom