Please Help Sold S class with E class engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sirmontel

Car
Mercedes S350 Blue efficiency 2011 W221
Good Evening

I am seeking urgent help and advise, I brought a Mercedes 2011 S350 Blue Efficiency only to discover initially after doing all the research that the car was sold as "Not Fit for Purpose" I was told the car only needed a new crank sensor and replacement handbrake shoes by the private seller, so took it to the dealers, to discover the brakes were completely no good and as they continued to do the repairs they discovered the car is fitted with an E Class engine,so you can imagine my horror as I had driven the car with my 5 years old son. Can anyone advise is this a problem and what are the disadvantages and how can I remedy the problems.

I now have to buy a new handbrake actuator to be able to get an MOT

I have done an Online Court application.

Before you get too worked up, the same engine is fitted to both the E and S class 350 Blueefficiency. How have the dealers decided that your engine is out of an E Class?

You need to find out the engine number that is currently fitted to your car, then see if it matches the engine number noted on your V5.

Sorry to hear of your other problems. Buying privately does open you up to unscrupulous sellers as you have found to your cost.

Golden.

Are you being serious ?

Mercedes fit that engine to everything from a C class to a GL.

Last edited:
sirmontel said:
Good Evening I am seeking urgent help and advise, I brought a Mercedes 2011 S350 Blue Efficiency only to discover initially after doing all the research that the car was sold as "Not Fit for Purpose" I was told the car only needed a new crank sensor and replacement handbrake shoes by the private seller, so took it to the dealers, to discover the brakes were completely no good and as they continued to do the repairs they discovered the car is fitted with an E Class engine,so you can imagine my horror as I had driven the car with my 5 years old son. Can anyone advise is this a problem and what are the disadvantages and how can I remedy the problems. I now have to buy a new handbrake actuator to be able to get an MOT I have done an Online Court application.

It's Dm ;0)))

Some lucky bugger is probably driving around in an E Class with an S Class engine

Hi Nick

Any advise would be good advise

Buy an E Class and swap the engines around.

And don't call me Nick.

This is a serious ad, I need reassurance as I will never knowingly do anything that can cause any harm to my family and friends

This is a serious ad, I need reassurance as I will never knowingly do anything that can cause any harm to my family and friends

Did you read Post# 2?

How are your family going to be harmed by the dealer fixing your brakes?

This is a wind up:doh:

The solicitor is saying if the seller sold the car to disguise or hide a know fault ie the brake which would make the car "Not fit for purpose" this would be seen as illegal and void any written receipt.
Due to the E class engine the car has to be turned over 5/6 times before it can start.

AMGeed what is your problem I said I drove the car before taking the car to get repaired not knowing that the brakes were a problem, so obviously if the brakes had failed it would have been a big problem!

The solicitor is saying if the seller sold the car to disguise or hide a know fault ie the brake which would make the car "Not fit for purpose" this would be seen as illegal and void any written receipt.
Due to the E class engine the car has to be turned over 5/6 times before it can start.
I've just fallen off my chair and banged my head off the bookcase as I can't stop laughing

What a lot of rot. I told you you have the same engine in both S and E class. How do you know its been changed?
I smell bull****:fail

AMGeed what is your problem I said I drove the car before taking the car to get repaired not knowing that the brakes were a problem, so obviously if the brakes had failed it would have been a big problem!

But nothing happened and you are having the brakes fixed. How are your family going to be harmed now?:dk:

Definite wind up. No more replies from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom