Please help stuck in a weird situation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luded755

Car
W210 320cdi
HI all,
I hope genius minds will help me out her .

I have got w210 320cdi late 2002. About 2 months ago i had really bad case of black death and faulty injectors. In the end everything was sorted.
I noticed diesel leak underneath my car. Found out to be either bad seals on high pressure fuel pump or on the fuel pipes attached to it. Changed the seals but leak was still there. Ordered/ received high pressure pump from eBay. After fitting it car didn't start. One of my friend is mechanic he adviced to use tiny bit of brake cleaner spary in air intake to fire the engine up. Even with that it didn't start. After all that I realised that the high pressure pump which I received/fitted on the car has different part number on it (my crazy head didn't even work to check the part number). Looked identical so I thought it should be fine.
I put the old/original high pressure fuel pump back and the car started fine. However, there was rrally bad smoke. I decided to check the injectors. Started taking injectors put from cylinder 6 backwards. Cylinder 6 injector was soaked with diesel but only half of it. Cylinder 5 was soaked fully in diesel even the strectch bolt hole was filled with diesel. Cylinder 4 was same as cylinder 6 (half covered with diesel). Cylinder 3/2/1 were almost dry.
My question/dilemma is either it's injector 5 which is causing flooding?
High pressure fuel pump? (But it was okay before I changed it).
Or it was brake cleaner to start the car? I only sprayed tiny bit into intake. (I have started diesel engines in past with brake cleaner in the same way but nothing ever happened).

I would really appreciate your help guys.
Thank you in advance.
Regards

Occams razor.

If you've put the original hpf pump on and getting problems again then you need a new, correct hpf pump? I would replace this anyway to rule out the hpf pump as the cause.

EBay Mercedes of Newcastle are very helpful in finding correct part nuns.

Are your injector leak off pipes wet? Wondering if where it has been disturbed that its leaking on those cylinders? Ive had a similar issue and am currently waiting on a new injector and a new leak off pipe. If you take the leak off pipe off of all 6 injectors and crank it over, you should be able to see fuel leaking out of the injectors. If an injector is leaking worse than the rest, then it will need replacing. Its a messy way of doing it, but it works none the less!

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4wrFwvOtA

Here was my leak off test.
My car wouldn't start for a week, just cranking over. took the leak off pipe, off to test, and it started (as per the vid), which I was surprised by! As you can see Number 2 injector is howling so its getting a new 1 this week when it gets here!

It's a long route from the air box to the inlet manifold.
Spray in the air box will collect on the pipes, run down and won't make it further than the inter-cooler.

The only feasible point where this might work is to remove the MAP sensor, just South of the EGR valve.

Issue sorted guys. It was injector of cylinder #5 as suspected. Thank you for your time. Appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom