PLEASE HELP! TCU/Conductor Plate/Solenoids!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210VIP

Car
W210 E320 CDI
Hi everyone!

2001 E320cdi and stuck in limp mode. Car was shifting through all gears but not above 3krpm. No turbo whatsoever. Tiptronic working.

Look at TCU and it was flooded with ATF.
Cleaned out and dried properly. Harness cleaned out and dried properly.

I believe it’s NOW stuck in 2nd gear and does not go above 3krpm. However if I restart it, sometimes it will be stuck in 2nd but rev past 3krpm and turbo kicks in.

Changed conductor plate and bushing, filter, atf, fuel filter, air filter.

Had Xentry diagnostics and code p2100
came up (y3/6y3 - 1-2 and 4-5 shift solenoid valve internal electrical check failure)

Y3/6y3 solenoid replaced and code cleared!

However another current code has popped up and I’m still stuck in limp mode still!

The new code is p2108 - (y3/6y2 shift pressure solenoid valve internal electrical check failure)

Now I’m worried if I change this out then another solenoid will go somewhere else.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Here’s the fault!

Attachments

• 29831B06-C762-4D7E-B0BA-1BB6C71C74A9.jpeg
    29831B06-C762-4D7E-B0BA-1BB6C71C74A9.jpeg
    824.5 KB · Views: 18
I’ve just had 2 solenoids replaced on my s211 e55, 2-3 n 3-4 . I was gettin abrupt shifts when cold. The valve body was also stripped and cleaned

I’ve just had 2 solenoids replaced on my s211 e55, 2-3 n 3-4 . I was gettin abrupt shifts when cold. The valve body was also stripped and cleaned
Did it work? Thinking of disassembling valve body, easy job?

It cured my issues I also had the conductor plate and plug replaced. Mercedes did it In Chelmsford.

Did you have them replaced because it showed up on Diagnostics?

The pins on the solenoids have turtle headed up. This often happens when replacing the speed plate as the solenoids are distrurbed.

Pull the electrical contacts of the solenoids with a small pick and ensure connection to the electrical board is clean and tight.

If that fails then solenoids needs testing. We send them to Valve Bodies UK in liverpool.

The pins on the solenoids have turtle headed up. This often happens when replacing the speed plate as the solenoids are distrurbed.

Pull the electrical contacts of the solenoids with a small pick and ensure connection to the electrical board is clean and tight.

If that fails then solenoids needs testing. We send them to Valve Bodies UK in liverpool.

Hey thanks for the reply!

What bothers me is that the p2108 didn’t show up in the first place.

I changed the solenoid for the p2100 and nothing else was disturbed.

I’m always hearing to get it diagnosed instead of throwing parts at it. That’s what I’ve done and it’s not working! I just want to drive it

Maybe a test protocol from the harness will shed some light?

Another question is if the fault code is current can it not be erased/reset?

Did you have them replaced because it showed up on Diagnostics?

No as my car never did actually go into limp mode, it was just banging in the gears when stone cold.

Ok so everything is within values except:

A) Solenoid Valves: Voltage supply (Pin 30/38)= no reading with ignition on :(

Nominal value 11-14v

B) Modulator pressure regulating solenoid valve y3/6y1 (Pin 36/38) = no reading with ignition off
:(

Nominal value 4-8ohms

C) Shift pressure regulating solenoid valve y3/6y2 (Pin 37/38) = no reading with ignition off
:(

Nominal Value 4-8ohms

Here’s an update!

Ok so everything is within values except:

A) Dianosis output: (Pin 30/1) = no reading with ignition on and both connectors connected to TCU/TCM

B) Solenoid Valves: Voltage supply (Pin 30/38)= 3.38v with ignition on and both connectors connected to TCU/TCM

Nominal value 11-14v

C) Modulator pressure regulating solenoid valve y3/6y1 (Pin 36/38) = no reading with ignition off
Nominal value 4-8ohms

D) Shift pressure regulating solenoid valve y3/6y2 (Pin 37/38) = no reading with ignition off
Nominal Value 4-8ohms

So was trying to find fuse for TCU/TCM and noticed the K40 relay has had ATF contamination as well!!!

Any idea if this would give me the issues above?

I’m wondering why there is only 3v going to the Solenoids?

Fixed: wrong conductor plate hence the solenoid errors.

Changed to new conductor plate

Car now changes gears and has full boost! However boost in now intermittent only under hard acceleration.

Codes came up with MAF and high turbo pressure. MAF changed with Oem Pierburg and issue still persists.

Any ideas?

P.S.

Egr has not been deleted. YET!

Sounds like your having a right headache with this car :/ Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon. Sorry i cant help

Massive headache! Quite fed up but will not give up. The plus side I bought it for £500

Has the car got a Map sensor as well as the Maf? my 211 e320 cdi did, it was on the intake pipe to manifold, i have know these to play up.

I believe it does.

I’m thinking egr delete followed by a new turbo actuator

A friend of mine had a e320 cdi and a c220 cdi both suffered "Overboost Issues" due to faulty Map sensor's, Maybe worth trying a new one of those they are not that expensive.

It does seem strange though it's misbehaving after the Conductor plate change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom