Please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swann

Clk 320 Auto Coupe Elegance w208 2002 51 plate.
Just come to drive away today and the car wont start. The electrics come on and windows go up and down (bit sluggish) but upon turning the key there is just an abrupt click sound.

Any ideas on where to start first?

Many thanks

Check battery voltage

How longs it been sitting?

Your battery is flat. Windows going up and down takes a lot less current than turning over a six cylinder engine.

Either get a jump start or put a charger on it if you have one.

Many thanks I think the genuine bosche are about £200 local to me. But I am just shopping for prices.

Try europarts, check if there is a discount code being applied this week but do check that charging battery up will not cure problem first, been very cold in uk my car battery has been down recently but a charge and a decent run fixed it

Many thanks I think the genuine bosche are about £200 local to me. But I am just shopping for prices.
What’s your reg

Euro car was about 200 for a bosche. I will try jump it first and give it a run then try a local parts place for prices

Euro car was about 200 for a bosche. I will try jump it first and give it a run then try a local parts place for prices
You need to use the 33% off codes

Why Bosch? Think Bosch 4 years warranty I bought a Duracell battery From them

Try taking a baseball bat with you when negotiating the price!

Try taking a baseball bat with you when negotiating the price!

:dk: :doh:

As said, EuroCarParts prices aren't the correct prices, they've always got massive discount codes that "end soon", they're stuck in a special offer loop like DFS and SCS, etc, i.e, when they haven't got an offer on, nobody buys anything, so they've perpetually got offers to make the prices "normal" when applied.

If it's the first time the battery has failed to start the car though, I wouldn't be jumping to replace it straight away. Just get a jump start, go for a drive and see how you go.

I had the battery in my C320 replaced with the equivalent Varta (with a 4 year warranty) for £116 by my local tyre and battery centre.The version on my car is a particularly high output type.

:dk::doh:, I think you must work for them MancMike :)

But you are right, best deal I got for pump and idler was from them, sales guy had to e mail head office for approval to give me an e bay matching price but they even beat their price. It was a business, had 12 in stock not an individual selling a one off

Well pleased with them

I suspect that even Halfords can do better than £200 for a battery of that size. - Their Yusa AGM battery is £184

I have the same turn key and just a click from starter starter will engage but will not spin battery is good starter is brand new and tested any Ideas please

I have the same turn key and just a click from starter starter will engage but will not spin battery is good starter is brand new and tested any Ideas please
Possibly that's an engine earth or battery terminal problem. - There's enough current to operate all the small electrics, but not enough to turn the starter.

If the batter has recently been changed, I'd give the terminals a waggle; maybe tap them down a bit. - That works on my Nissan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom