please share picture your seat module wiring C200K w203, 2001reg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonifatich

Car
C200K W203 2001reg
Hello gentlemen,

Long story short, I have discovered that the CANBus connection to the passenger seat module only has earth wire and the rest of them completely missing. (see picture)

On the contrary driver's CANBus connection to the seat module has earth and the rest of the wires. (see picture)

Am I missing cables on the passenger seat?
Driver's seat is a top picture, consequently passenger seat is a picture below.

Attachments

• driver's seat module 1(a).JPG
    driver's seat module 1(a).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 62
  • passenger seat module 1(a).JPG
    passenger seat module 1(a).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
You must have full electric memory seats, as mine has no memory, and looks totally different

Thanks for reply.

Yes they are fully electric memory seats.

The more options the more cables!

Im guessing the passenger seat isnt electric memory

Mmm, it should be.

I raised this issue because the seat stopped reclining back/forward recently. Prior it did recline at a switch and according to the memory function. Now it stopped just the clicking noises.

So, before I started dealing with mechanical problems with motors I've noticed the obvious clue that wires are missing.

These seats should be like twins isn't it?

Take the seat back off and check the wiring that runs through the side of the seat. They often chaff there.

Also check the fuses in the rear sam.

Forgive my language skills but what does "Take the seat back off" mean?

Is it take the back part of the seat off?
or
Undo the bolts on the floor at the back of the seat and lift it up (i.e. up and forward) to see the wires at the back of SCM?

Difference will probably be the "controller" for both the seats will be located below the drivers seat. The passengers seat box will be a "dummy" for connection purposes only --- why--- maybe something to do with RHD and LHD versions of the car -- You can tell I'm guessing. :eek: ;)
p.s. BlackC55 knows what he's talking about. :thumb:

Dummy? :eek: haha that's what I call brain storming. :D

Well, lets wait and see, may be BlackC55 will have time to spill more info.

Difference will probably be the "controller" for both the seats will be located below the drivers seat. The passengers seat box will be a "dummy" for connection purposes only --- why--- maybe something to do with RHD and LHD versions of the car -- You can tell I'm guessing. :eek: ;)
p.s. BlackC55 knows what he's talking about. :thumb:

Your'e doing well grasshopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom