Pleased with my C200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Found this YouTube video of the closest HUD yet
http://youtu.be/2gWyNbfPcrU

Does the video camera accurately represent what you see?
Looks a little washed out and low contrast, the smaller text is a tad hard to read for my ageing eyes.

Looks a little bouncy in this video http://youtu.be/lT-x35Keieo due to car suspension/road - but probably mostly shaky camera. I don't think that will work with my eyes, so will give it a miss.

Regarding Airmatic I only just clicked I ride on air suspension every day - the bus!
But my local buses' suspension is crashy, wallows side to side, and feels worn out, when it brakes everyone gets thrown about just awful. 2009-2010 I think.
The modern airport express coaches on the other hand feel supremely comfortable and glide along.
In real life it's rather brighter, clearer and more steady than in the video. Partly because you don't have to refocus your eyes onto the instrument panel I find it less tiring and easier on my aging eyes. As an indication of relative size the text used to display current speed in the HUD appears to be maybe twice the size of the text used in the speedometer. The speedometer is mounted down a "tunnel" and it's graduations are quite small so I find it needs a moment or two to read.

Airmatic and the HUD are the top two options I would order again. However, opinions on the HUD vary and as you seem very uncertain I think you should try to find a car with it fitted even if you can't drive it or if it's a different model even that might help you decide.

In comfort mode Airmatic gives a quality of ride similar to that I remember in a previous model Jaguar XJ6 with air suspension that I had the opportunity to drive a few years ago. It is the most comfortable car I've driven. But also yesterday I played with sports plus mode again and that's completely different. Having the options is great but ride comfort was my top priority and which for me was one of the key factors that set the C Class above the other cars I considered buying.

The Burmester is now part of a package and can't be ordered on its own. I was told this two weeks after ordering a C Class back in May and confirmed again in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom