Plod should throw the book at this to$$er!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
People like that need to be instantly banned for 6 months....simple.

Total to55er.......but didn't that look like a Police Connect van he was overtaking?

People like that need to be instantly banned for 6 months....simple.

Damn right.

And retake his/her test with a 100% test tax going into the police coffers to help cover their budget. This would educate drivers who would then prove via the test they are capable of driving, raise money for the police budget, and in many cases, get idiots off the road as I suspect a lot would struggle to re pass the test. 3 birds one stone! I thank you.
(I'd add to that minimum 5x 1 hours lessons with 100% tax too...)

Vote nb racing in May!:thumb:

I think he is guilty of gross stupidity.

I suspect he cleared his screen but neglected to clear his roof...and the snow on the roof has slid forward on to the screen...now he has to somehow move to the hard shoulder to clear his screen again.

He is probably very aware of the situation...and how it will be perceived.

As above , I suspect the snow has slid forward off the roof under braking .

Still gross stupidity though .

Interestingly , the vehicle behind the 'snowmobile' seems to have strobes flashing in its bumper ...

Last edited:
Some mothers, do av em....

I have seen many motorists driving their cars with a thick covering of snow on the roof not realising the danger and many don't even know it is an offence.

It's only really an offence once it slips and obscures the windscreen ; it would be a bit of a stretch to try to prosecute as an insecure load ...

Still a very bad practice though .

Interestingly , the vehicle behind the 'snowmobile' seems to have strobes flashing in its bumper ...

Nah, its just LED DRLs they can appear to be strobing if filmed on digital cameras, its an intereference thing.

I have seen many motorists driving their cars with a thick covering of snow on the roof not realising the danger and many don't even know it is an offence.

Routine up here, most often women in SUVs. Poor darlings can't reach the roof to clear it.
Not only is there the obvious risk of the snow coming forward, it's not much fun following them as it breaks off in chunks and blows rearwards.

It's only really an offence once it slips and obscures the windscreen ; it would be a bit of a stretch to try to prosecute as an insecure load ...

Still a very bad practice though .

Right thinking, wrong offence…….

Using vehicle in dangerous condition etc.

A person is guilty of an offence if he uses, or causes or permits another to use, a motor vehicle or trailer on a road when—
(a)the condition of the motor vehicle or trailer, or of its accessories or equipment, or
(b)the purpose for which it is used, or
(c)the number of passengers carried by it, or the manner in which they are carried, or
(d)the weight, position or distribution of its load, or the manner in which it is secured,is such that the use of the motor vehicle or trailer involves a danger of injury to any person.”

EDIT: load is anything carried in or on vehicle, attached or not.

Last edited:
Snow off the roof usually just flies off backwards once it loses adhesion. The kind of scenario here is more often snow left on the bonnet sliding up as the bonnet warms up and the snow starts to slide back in the wind.
I've been behind a car where that happened very suddenly... no vision at all, driver slowed very quickly, had to unbelt and lean out of the window to see where he was going. Pulled over straight away though. Luckily on an ordinary road and not a busy motorway.

Does nobody feel any sympathy for the poor driver, stuck in the right-hand lane, in heavy traffic, and suddenly most of the screen is obscured? (I don't buy the apparent police conclusion that he/she hadn't cleared it before driving off). I know that if it were me there'd be a terrible smell in the car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom