Plucking heck!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Had an interesting experience today. One of our hens was suffering from a condition called sour crop. Consequently, I had to hold her upside-down and massage her crop to get the contents out of her.

Poor thing was jammed full of feed and vegetation. It looked like she had found some roots or something long and tough that she swallowed causing the problem.

Out came the vegetation in a bundle about 6 inches long, followed by enough corn and feed to fill a dustpan!😲

Still, makes a change from pushing a prolapsed vent back inside!🤣

How many have you got?
We have 4, currently locked down due to avian flu risk in this area.

How many have you got?
We have 4, currently locked down due to avian flu risk in this area.
I'm not entirely sure! Our flock ranges from about 14 to 40, depending upon time of year, deaths, etc...

Had an interesting experience today. One of our hens was suffering from a condition called sour crop. Consequently, I had to hold her upside-down and massage her crop to get the contents out of her.

Poor thing was jammed full of feed and vegetation. It looked like she had found some roots or something long and tough that she swallowed causing the problem.

Out came the vegetation in a bundle about 6 inches long, followed by enough corn and feed to fill a dustpan!😲

Still, makes a change from pushing a prolapsed vent back inside!🤣
Did she recover eventually? I find they don't often and its kinder to dispatch. 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom