Plugging in fault code reader on W202 C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

420SE

Car
W202 C220 CDi
Just had a look around the engine bay this morning and in the top right corner, there is a cap which comes off, revealing a plu like thingy :D

1. Is this the only location to plug in a diagnostic tool, or will there be something inside the car too?

2. I'm going to order a U581 code reader later today, would I be right in thinking that I need one of the plug adaptors shown below?

U581
Car Code Reader / Scanner OBD2 / EOBD CAN U581 2010 DTC on eBay (end time 24-Mar-10 11:21:47 GMT)

Adaptor
16pin to 38Pin Mercedes Benz Adaptor CABLE 38 Pin obd2 on eBay (end time 17-Jan-10 21:57:52 GMT)

Obligatory pics:

CIMG5786.jpg

CIMG5785.jpg

:)

you will need that adapter!
bim im unsure about the code reader!

Ive got same code reader and adaptor works fine on mine and wifes car but both are petrols 2001 onwards.

If you are ever out maidstone way you are more than welcome to pop around and see if mine works on your car.

Lynall

Ive got same code reader and adaptor works fine on mine and wifes car but both are petrols 2001 onwards.

If you are ever out maidstone way you are more than welcome to pop around and see if mine works on your car.

Lynall

are they a good code reader?
im looking to get one is the software legit?

Lynall

Very kind of you, thank you.

I spoke to the company mentioned above, chap called Mike runs it, he said that if my moel was a petrol C class, it would have been fine, but apparently because it is a diesel, it won't be able to communicate with the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom