Plumbers.......£100 + VAT + Materials..an hour!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Are they having a laugh? I have a leak under my kitchen unit. My laminate is destroyed. Me and my mate are going to repair it tomorrow. I turned the water off anyhow.

I am in the wrong vocation. Maybe i should retrain as a plumber...:confused:

Well the rumour is that all the poles are going back, and we will soon reap the fruit of the press rumour mongering about how they are destroying the economy and taking away all our jobs.:crazy:

Last edited:
Are they having a laugh? I have a leak under my kitchen unit. My laminate is destroyed. Me and my mate are going to repair it tomorrow. I turned the water off anyhow.

Go ahead, there is shortage in London, you can charge £200 an hour. By the way they don't charge by the hour, it by a quarter hour. £50 per quarter.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

It an easy job, just that some people are too lazy to do a dirty job.

Nah!, better off as a gas service engineer (an intelligent plumber;) :p ) like I is. £100 plus vat is a tad steep though, you could have me for 75 inc vat plus travel but I'm in Bradford :D .

Portzy.

if you can do it yourself then there is no need to call a plumber , if you can't then you just have to bite the bullet :)

It's supply and demand. I rang a local plumber to see if he could fix a dripping toilet overflow (ball valve) - he was fully booked for the next 3 weeks! In that situation you've nothing to lose by upping your rates.

And yes, I did it myself :)

Bugger, I was just starting to get round to engaging the services of a plumber to move one of my radiators! I am assured by several people that it's an easy job but can't help thinking it's in the silly position it is now for a reason!!

With the internet at your fingertips you can do everything yourself (and I do).

Nah!, better off as a gas service engineer (an intelligent plumber;) :p ) like I is. £100 plus vat is a tad steep though, you could have me for 75 inc vat plus travel but I'm in Bradford :D .

Portzy.

A Gas engineer job is even simpler.

Today I toiled 3.5 hours fixing a virus problem for a customer who is happy I fixed the problem but not happy what it costs to do.:eek:

You should get the laminate out the kitchen while your at it ;)

Supply and demand. I'm postponing diy works to our flat until the crunch really starts to bite and prices start to tumble..

Ade

A Gas engineer job is even simpler.

Today I toiled 3.5 hours fixing a virus problem for a customer who is happy I fixed the problem but not happy what it costs to do.:eek:

is that right? so can you install a central heating system? i know mine took 3 days to sort out with a professional
I am a systems engineeer by profession though so virus problems are easier for me to deal with

Last edited:
You should get the laminate out the kitchen while your at it ;)

Supply and demand. I'm postponing diy works to our flat until the crunch really starts to bite and prices start to tumble..

Ade

The price war is starting

Homebase had their 10% sale last week - watch what the competition responds with this weekend;)

Distress purchase trade are flat out (plumbers, sparky's) but builders are slowing up as work dries up - but at least their wage bill is dropping as yes the E Europeans are off. The Euro is too expensive now and Poland or neighbouring eastern European countries needs them now and is paying given they have got experience and in some cases training (our places in Poland are doing very well!)

£100 an hour! the lawyers will be retraining next!

Where would that be?

Portzy

I don't have a digi camera at the moment, sadly. Picture, thousand words and all that.

Basically, one of the radiators in my living room is directly in the middle of the window.

The other one is "Off centre" from the window by about 2 foot, and looks stupid IMO. And it prevents me putting another large CD rack in there, which I really need! It just SHOULD be in the middle of the window. OCD I have ;)

The flat was newly built last year and the plumbing is all push-fit "Small gauge" piping... Which fits into a kind of "terminal" behind each radiator. If that makes sense.

is that right? so can you install a central heating system? i know mine took 3 days to sort out with a professional
I am a systems engineeer by profession though so virus problems are easier for me to deal with

Oh yeah, this customer is so absent minded, he couldn't even remember his user id and password he changed and gave up fixing it for several days that why he called BT Home support at £90 an hour.

I don't have a digi camera at the moment, sadly. Picture, thousand words and all that.

Basically, one of the radiators in my living room is directly in the middle of the window.

The other one is "Off centre" from the window by about 2 foot, and looks stupid IMO. And it prevents me putting another large CD rack in there, which I really need! It just SHOULD be in the middle of the window. OCD I have ;)

The flat was newly built last year and the plumbing is all push-fit "Small gauge" piping... Which fits into a kind of "terminal" behind each radiator. If that makes sense.

Do you have a concrete floor?

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom