Plz Help >> Japanese Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maaaem

Car
Mercedes
Hii all

am ahmed from bahrain,

i have mercedes 1997 model, i exported from japan and i have a problem with the screen its showing me the japanese language i want to change it english , how can i ?

The tv, telephone and navi cannot work .

Please anybody know how to fix this problem in my car ??

Thank you

We'll need more information on the car - what model is it? I'm guessing an E or S class based on the fact you have comand with it.

Tv may be tuned to Japanese frequencies, in which case your local dealer with a STAR machine may be able to recode it...

Welcome to the forum - someone more knowledgeable about comand will be along shortly ;)

@Maaaem, I guess you have the japanese spec cns unit in your car.

The nav system has the gui in japanese language only. Many have tried to change these to english and nobody has ever succeded. In all honesty, it's not worth bothering trying. even if you managed to chnage the language, and managed to get updated maps it would still be useless compared to $100 garmin.

Another thing to consider is that none of the sat nav products have maps that are of any use in the Middle East anyway! I lived in the UAE until april this year, and even the MB maps in a 2010 S class were totally rubbish. Unforunately it's a minor market, so map updates are every 4-5 years at best. As most GCC countires road networks are changing virtually every day, sat nav is next to useless in my experience. Add to that that nowehere in the region has post codes/zip codes, and even entering a destination is pretty much impossible.

I've spent a bit of time in Bahrain, and can't imagine you'd get lost there? same thing for the other side of the causeway in Saudi?

re the telephone, it's analogue, don't bother.

also woth moting are that japanese FM is only broadcast between 76-90 hence that is all your radio can pick up, compared to the rest of the world which uses 88-108, so you'll need an FM frequency expander to make the radio work. They're about $20 on ebay and are easy to fit inline with the aerial.

For the TV, again, it's analogue, so next to useless as I think BAH has switched over to digital? in the UAE there is no TV broadcast as it's all cable or sat, maybe the same where you are?

A few useful things I have found with the same unit in my w140, is that you can use the TV tuner to pick up radio stations as well. Also, if you select TV, there is an aux in option which can be selected, and uses the av inputs in the sunglsses holder and enable syou to watch films form your ipod. Pretty sweet for a 1997 car!

If you flick through the options, you'll also find a trip computer which takes a mileage reading from the ecu, so the car can't be clocked.

Hii all

am ahmed from bahrain,

i have mercedes 1997 model, i exported from japan and i have a problem with the screen its showing me the japanese language i want to change it english , how can i ?

The tv, telephone and navi cannot work .

Please anybody know how to fix this problem in my car ??

Thank you

This is a question I am asked at least once a week.....

Sadly the Japanese cars are wired totally differently to the USA and Rest of World cars. You cannot recode the units nor can you simply use a non Japanese disk. The differences in wiring are so great that it is cheaper to buy a different car.

For anyone considering importing a Japanese Mercedes to Europe, be aware of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom