PMS Cam advance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R/T.E49

Car
Charger. New and old!
Outside the AMG engine kit, were any M111 engines with pms ever fitted with the cam advance.....I can't remember if any of the early V Class (638) had this or if they were hfm. We fitted an AMG kit to a C180 when they were released, it used an in line solenoid from the ecu to activate the advance unit. It also used new cams and airbox but there is no info about this kit anymore. I have a C200 with pms and i'm getting bored...............

You're getting bored with your Merc? i see the perfect antidote in your AVATAR.My mother had a new E38 back in the day( plumb crazy purple with all the stripes..:bannana:) ...the only thing I've owned since which compares to either is my 300SEL 6.3 .

Outside the AMG engine kit, were any M111 engines with pms ever fitted with the cam advance.....I can't remember if any of the early V Class (638) had this or if they were hfm. We fitted an AMG kit to a C180 when they were released, it used an in line solenoid from the ecu to activate the advance unit. It also used new cams and airbox but there is no info about this kit anymore. I have a C200 with pms and i'm getting bored...............

From memory I think all the 111 engines had cam advance.

Pretty sure the early W202 1797cc 111.920 engine didn't have variable valve timing but not sure about the later post 1996 111.921 1799cc ones.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom