PNCS Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vghiya

Car
GLE 300D
Hi All,

I have just over 1 year old GLE (70 plate). It has Pirelli PNCS P-Zero tyres. I replaced a front tyre on it 3 months ago as it had a nail and couldn't be repaired. I took the car for servicing. Service report said two tyres (including one that I replaced) have nails. I took it to a repair shop who said the tyres can't be repaired (even though the nails are not near the sidewall) as these are foam tyres. The tryes would cost me approx 600 quid :mad::mad:. I am wondering if that's the fate I am resigned it.... i.e. replace my tyres every time there is a nail in it. I fear a tyre getting another nail is just a matter to time.. Any thoughts would be helpful.

thx!!

Hi All,

I have just over 1 year old GLE (70 plate). It has Pirelli PNCS P-Zero tyres. I replaced a front tyre on it 3 months ago as it had a nail and couldn't be repaired. I took the car for servicing. Service report said two tyres (including one that I replaced) have nails. I took it to a repair shop who said the tyres can't be repaired (even though the nails are not near the sidewall) as these are foam tyres. The tryes would cost me approx 600 quid :mad::mad:. I am wondering if that's the fate I am resigned it.... i.e. replace my tyres every time there is a nail in it. I fear a tyre getting another nail is just a matter to time.. Any thoughts would be helpful.

thx!!
From a quick and dirty search: Repairing PNCS Tyres is not the same as repairing a standard tyre. The removal of the sponge to allow inspection of the tyre is required. With the sponge removed, the tyre can be repaired like any standard tyre. The repairs can be performed at any Pirelli authorised service centre or a third party service centre.
Further search online might bring up more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom