pneus-online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjbarnard

I recently had a rather unsatisfactory experience with pneus-online, trying to buy some winter tyres. I thought I would just advise anyone else contemplating doing business with them to exercise caution.

They have been recommended strongly elswhere on this forum, so my comments should be seen in that context. In fact that was why I chose to order from them.

I dont suppose it's a good idea to provide every last detail, suffice to say that they took immediate payment, then delayed processing, failed to respond to telephone calls or emails, had to be chased to take it forward, and then finally announced that they were out of stock and unable to supply the tyres which I had paid for, while they clearly stated that they only sold tyres which were in stock and ready for despatch.

I am not a big fan of criticising businesses online - and this could be a one off. I just thought it worth letting others know that they should be careful. Happy to provide further details - but probably best by PM.

Not good.

Did you get your money back?

Without a battle?

Pneus Online

Sorry to hear of your problems but to put the other side of the coin: I just order 4 winter tyres for my X5 which were out of stock at every UK tyre website.

Pneus Online did have them in stock and they were delivered to my local fitter within 4 days of ordering - I would use them again no problem.

Friendly and prompt service...

I've had good experiences with both mytyres and blackcircles in the last month. Others are having some issues with mytyres, no doubt as demand for winter Tyres has rocketed this year.

None of these websites are clear about stock levels.

Yes to give them their due, after a telephone conversation yesterday they said they would refund in full.

I chose them not least because their website clearly states :

"All the tyres in stock are shown on the site. If the tyres you are looking for are not shown, they are no longer in stock. We cannot process an order for tyres that are not in stock. "

They certainly did process my order, and this has proved a bit inconvenient because in the weeks delay the price of the tyres I wanted increased on mytyres by £20 per tyre, and they are out of stock. I suspect it is peak season for ordering winter tyres.

But it wasnt just the lack of stock which annoyed me, it was their general response to my order, which was at times rather unusual.

I think it's important to note that as others have indicated, they have provided very good service on other occasions. Any company can have unfortunate episodes or make mistakes.

Chris - your wheels arrived promptly and are absolutely SUPERB!!!

Just came across this comment on Pistonheads forum...

It seems that the Nokians are proving popular. I ordered a set from Pneus-online for my BMW 330 at the weekend. Received a mail yesterday saying that the order can not be fulfilled because they are out of stock. Having called them today what they actually meant was "we have put the price up by £30 each so we don't want to supply you at the original price".

Merde!

I've now gone for Avon Ice Touring ST's.

A bit of sharp practice ???

Thought i'd have a look at the current price of my Nokians (bought 5 weeks ago for £60each fitted via mytyres)

mytyres now £80.70 each fitted - not sure whether this is down to demand or the fact they are Porsche approved and Porsche are publicing winter tyre information.
pneus-online - £64.55 delivered, then approx £12 for fitting local to me
blackcircles - don't sell Nokian
Camskill - don't sell Nokian winters, only their all season enTyre
blackboots - no winter tyres

Last edited:
Winter Tyres

When I bought my tyres from Pneus Online I had previously looked at the prices on Blackcircles, Etyres, National Tyres, KwikFit and Camskill.

All of the above sites had prices for the tyres I wanted (apart from Casmkill site which listed them as out of stock) but when I actually rang them then none could supply them, nor give me any sort of delivery date as to when they would get them in!

What I learned is that for Winter Tyres as it is the law to have them fitted in many Mainland European countries then the manufacturers concentrate deliveries there and if we are lucky we get what's left over.

I found the whole experience a massive waste of time as even when I rang my local tyre fitter to say I was getting some tyres delivered (from Pneus) he got the hump that I wasn't buying them from him.

So I said "try and get some Vredestein Wintrac's then..." I then had to wait another day whilst he rang his warehouse and then rang me back to say he couldn't get them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom