PO131 code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janebat

Car
Mercedes C Class C200 CDI Sport, SlK 230
Hi all just wondering what your thoughts are on this code ? It's appeared on our R170 Slk, it's done 72.000 miles and is it ok to replace it with after parts and if so which make should I look out for ? (02 sensor)
Many thanks

Hi all just wondering what your thoughts are on this code ? It's appeared on our R170 Slk, it's done 72.000 miles and is it ok to replace it with after parts and if so which make should I look out for ? (02 sensor)
Many thanks

Well code P0130 tells me:-

O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

So its an upstream oxygen sensor with a circuit fault.
Its probably not switching from a lean to a rich mixture every few seconds..
If you have a suitable scan tool in live data you will be able to see its activity.
Switching from lean to rich.
If its not doing anything its called (flat lined) then either the sensor is faulty, the harness and circuit are compromised, or you have a fuel mixture condition what won't allow it to switch.

Common causes are that the socket connector is not fully closed, the socket is contaminated with oil or road/salt corrosion or its damaged.

You can get another from the aftermarket sources but insist on an OE Bosch unit with factory socket. Simply plug and play install. Before install check the part number I/D on the O2 sensor body with the one you have removed. That by the way is the toughest part--getting the old sensor out of the exhaust system
All the best
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom