POI for sat navs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aoraki

Car
W204 C250 Cdi AMG Sport Coupe
Hi all, found this site ( http://www.poigenie.co.uk/home )whereby you can make collections of your own points of interests and download them to your sat nav (for us poor people that don't have COMAND).

You have the option to "share" so everyone can download, or "not to share", obviously this keeps them private to you.

The reason I have used this was so I can have all my suppliers etc readily to hand. Storing them to "favorites" on the Tomtom, only allowed about 40 of them to be stored, this way, I can have as many as I like.

It would be possible using this to make a database of all members who offer a service to others, ie indie's etc.

I'll start it off and call it "MB Club UK" original, eh? I think you just add the address and update the database, of course every time it's updated, you would have to download the new file to your sat nav but that's very straight forward.

Any feedback?

Regards
Aoraki

*EDIT* awaiting upgrade to my account before I can add MB Club UK datbase

Last edited:
We seem to be getting there! If you navigate to their site and input "MBClubUK" it should show poi with that tag (a few more on now, thanks 124Works & Prestige Car Services).

To download or add poi you would have to be logged in, if you do add a poi please ensure you use "MBClubUK" (no spaces) as the tag, this way it keeps them all together for downloading.

If anyone would prefere me to add your own poi, drop me a pm.

Come on guy's, lets give it a go, it might be good and save someone a headache navigating to you or it might prove to be a total waste of time, let's see.

Regards
Aoraki

Last edited:
Both sites look OK for downloading poi's already created, but what I was trying to acheive was an MBClub UK database, created by us, for us.

Regards
Aoraki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom