Pointless features on your Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Porsche wipers start moving after a slight delay to allow screen to get wet from washer jets
Ah, but do they stop when you open the door so you don't get wet?

Another strange aspect to my screenwash is it doesn't squirt three jets at the screen but showers it with dozens of slow moving jets. All of the screen at once gets soaked instead of the usual three small puddles the wipers then smear over the screen.

Porsche wipers start moving after a slight delay to allow screen to get wet from washer jets
Fiat/Abarth 500's do as well. I seem to remember my old Fiat Coupe 20VT used to do that really neat final wipe after a few seconds delay just to clear any dribbles. I think my Merc might actually do that.

Ah, but do they stop when you open the door so you don't get wet?
Yep Mercedes Benz spent time and money on that useless feature . Why is that even a 'thing' ? at a guess 99% of MB drivers do not even know that they are being saved from being soaked by their own screen wash should they be stupid enough to open the door while driving along and washing the screen at the same time . Was probably discussed in the same meeting that they decided to omit the drain bolt on the TC on all 722.6 transmissions... Dummkopf's

These two features:
VL - FRONT AXLE HALF, LEFT
VR - FRONT AXLE HALF, RIGHT
And especially this one:
800 - AEJ 09/1

Magic vision control on SL is very neat. The water comes out from the top and the bottom of the holes in the wiper blades

when the roof is down, water only comes out from the bottom on the downward stroke of the blades. No spray ever.

Last edited:
Magic vision control on SL is very neat. The water comes out from the top and the bottom of from the holes in the wiper blades

when the roof is down, water only comes out from the bottom on the downward stroke of the blades. No spray ever.
Very neat till you see the price to replace them.......

The owner of one the chauffer companies I use told me the same story about getting the wiper blades replaced on the S class I was reclining in at the time . I told him to note that it was nice and sunny outside so no need to use the wipers on the way back from the airport as I had already paid £300 for the lift home and did not need any additional costs added to the job !

Magic vision control on SL is very neat. The water comes out from the top and the bottom of the holes in the wiper blades

Didn't realise the second part.....

Soft close doors. The door has to be almost shut before they work, probably about an inch from fully shut. What is the point, only thing I can see their use is if your coming home about 4am & you don't want the wife to waken & let her know what time you came home:):mad:

Soft close doors. The door has to be almost shut before they work, probably about an inch from fully shut. What is the point, only thing I can see their use is if your coming home about 4am & you don't want the wife to waken & let her know what time you came home:):mad:
I was in Barcelona on business and my driver picked me up and I spent a good few moments trying to close my door. He was laughing saying they are soft close, leave it and it will shut! Not bad having an S class as one's 'daily driver'.

Nice on kitchen and bedroom cabinets but I agree, pointless on a vehicle. 🥴

I disagree. I HATE it when my passengers slam the car door!
They seem most put out when I chastise them...
Peter, tell them: do it one more time and they walk!!!

tbh. A car door can take a slam. Kitchen and bedroom cabinet doors would soon be hanging off the hinges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ev
Nice on kitchen and bedroom cabinets but I agree, pointless on a vehicle. 🥴
Even better on the toilet seat. 🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom