Polar white vs diamond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zakattack

Car
C63 wanted
Probably been asked loads, but just wondering the difference
I'm assuming polar white is flat white while the diamond is metalic?

Whats the one that has a creamy look to it?

Tony.

Polar white is really bright white.

Diamond White Metallic is a little creamy in comparison but has a pearlesence to it.

My car is Calcite White, kind of creamy. Like teeth, it either looks white or when dirty has a hint of cream

image-1804666844.jpg

Polar white is what's known as Solid white, if you prefer Diamond white metallic, its an optional extra. My E class is Polar white which I like very much, you may see the xf jag in white which I think is a much whiter, white if that's possible, and was pleased when I saw MB,s solid Polar white, and with a Pan am roof, lovely.

Mine is Polar, Diamond was too creamy for my liking. Polar isn't what I'd call a bright white though, Audi Ibis white is much whiter.

Little Lofty said:
Mine is Polar, Diamond was too creamy for my liking. Polar isn't what I'd call a bright white though, Audi Ibis white is much whiter.

The recent Ford White is even whiter, looks beautiful. Don't know the name of the paint though

By the way Red, how are you liking your new 400, sorry don't mean to hi jack,Zakattack.

It's excellent, it really feels like quality, I'll do a thread on it when I get to 1000 miles.

I find it very fast to be honest, I don't think I'd hold on to my licence if I had an AMG. In fact I'm struggling to see where you'd use the extra power over this so I'm delighted I went for the 400 rather than the 500.

:bannana:

For one day I had 2 SLs, one Polar and the other Diamond. The Polar is the one in front.

D267A073-13E4-463C-AA2E-7128337C8671.jpg

for me I prefer the polar, diamond looks grubby in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone

Diamond white does look good with a red interior, probably as it’s a creamy white. Beware the cost of any paint repairs with Diamond white. I spoke to the guys at a well respected MB/VAG body shop about pearlescent paint repairs and they told me it’s very costly! Partly because they have to blend the paint into any adjacent panels to get a good match. Solid white is a lot easier and hence cheaper to repair if required.

Much prefer the cleaness of Polar. That said I quite like classic creams with a red interior think Mk2 jag, XK150 etc......... but just not with pearlescent. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom