POLESTAR 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
The new Polestar 2 made by VOLVO--Geely= Chinese - a rival for the Tesla 3- its a good looking vehicle in Volvo's elegant understated way. Coming to an executive car park near you soon?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I didn't like it but post reviews it's looking like great competition for Tesla.

I'm not too bothered about what's under the bonnet, the looks are enough to put me off. It looks as if a boy racer has just changed the wheels.

Just a shame that it’s from a Chinese owned company - for that reason alone - zero chance of one being in our family!
Sometimes you need to vote with your wallet!

That's a big ol lump of a car.

Is it meant to be a crossover 4x4 look? Only asking because it appears to be riding a bit high on those massive Halfords Ripspeed style alloys. Minging.

Also being made in China does not inspire confidence.

Can't say I'd ever consider Volvo in the future.

I've liked some of their offerings but no interest in them as a proposition for ownership.

I'd also be voting with my wallet!

Some might say that Ford selling Volvo to Geely is merely a metaphor for where we are today. :(
While the Polestar 2 is a concrete manifestation of China's ingress into the luxury car market it would be perverse to single them out from other car manufacturers in terms of their "Made in China" content 🤔

Just a shame that it’s from a Chinese owned company - for that reason alone - zero chance of one being in our family!
Sometimes you need to vote with your wallet!

Wow... Had a 2017 Volvo XC90, great car. Wife just prefers the Germans but if that car was an indication of what's coming from China, thd competition should take note.

The recent trend for full width led rear tail lights on cars is not a good look in my opinion. Think Battlestar Gallactica's baddies the Cylons.

Seems to me some modern car designs go out of their way to appear futuristic but their ideas of the future seem to be inspired by Buck Rogers and THX1138.

Wow... Had a 2017 Volvo XC90, great car. Wife just prefers the Germans but if that car was an indication of what's coming from China, thd competition should take note.
Hi
Wife had an S40 back in 2004 when they first came out - the one with the floating centre console, based on the Ford Focus platform and the the PSA 2.0 litre Diesel engine.
It was also a great car - other than the small boot!
The Polestar 2 reminds us a bit of that car - and is quite appealing other than the direct Chinese ownership of the company.
Having worked in the automotive industry for more nearly 20 years with two different tier one suppliers - up until 2010 - I am very familiar with the Chinese content in many mainstream models - including our 2017 Audi TTS, as an example.
This has the MagneRide adaptive suspension that was designed and originally manufactured by Delphi - until they sold their suspension division to Chinese company BWI in 2009!
I also served on an anti-counterfeit team that comprised of staff from Delphi (who I worked for), Bosch and Siemens that shared information, gathered evidence, raided and prosecuted Chinese companies that were copying and distributing our diesel injection spare parts.
Cheers
Steve

It's mental the copying the Chinese get away with.

The recent trend for full width led rear tail lights on cars is not a good look in my opinion. Think Battlestar Gallactica's baddies the Cylons.

Seems to me some modern car designs go out of their way to appear futuristic but their ideas of the future seem to be inspired by Buck Rogers and THX1138.
Problem when you meet a Cylon on the road is its difficult to know whether they are bent on world domination or merely filtering left on the motorway exit ramp? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom