POLESTAR2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
WORTH REPOSTING IN THIS SECTION?

@grober I test drove a Polestar 2 in August for 1 hour, over a variety of roads.

Quality is way better than the Model 3 in my opinion. It drives very well (I think it would suit more mature drivers) and just happens to be an EV. The acceleration once up to speed is good but from rest, it feels a bit sluggish compared to how explosive Tesla acceleration is from 0mph.

I remember driving at 70mph and using the Google interface to change heated seats etc, and for the 10 minutes on the motorway, it wasn't able to do anything because the strength of the car's mobile internet connection was too weak.

I decided not to go for it because I felt it was more cramped than my W205 and in addition, the centre console sticks out so I kept hitting my left knee on the very hard plastic of the console whilst driving.

Consumers would benefit from manufacturers following Tesla and VW and actually making cars that are designed from the ground up as EVs.

@grober I test drove a Polestar 2 in August for 1 hour, over a variety of roads.

Quality is way better than the Model 3 in my opinion. It drives very well (I think it would suit more mature drivers) and just happens to be an EV. The acceleration once up to speed is good but from rest, it feels a bit sluggish compared to how explosive Tesla acceleration is from 0mph.

I remember driving at 70mph and using the Google interface to change heated seats etc, and for the 10 minutes on the motorway, it wasn't able to do anything because the strength of the car's mobile internet connection was too weak.

I decided not to go for it because I felt it was more cramped than my W205 and in addition, the centre console sticks out so I kept hitting my left knee on the very hard plastic of the console whilst driving.

Consumers would benefit from manufacturers following Tesla and VW and actually making cars that are designed from the ground up as EVs.
did you get the car from the Westfield dealer?

did you get the car from the Westfield dealer?
@Darrell No, this was at UK launch so they invited people to come to Farnborough and a group of potential customers would get briefed and each customer got a chance to take a car out and we drove in a convoy with a Polestar staff member in the first car. He told me to drive as fast as I wanted to, given that he was driving fairly rapidly at times.

I picked the model with the Performance pack, and the Ohlins suspension really is something special. It felt more planted on the road than the Model 3 Performance I owned (which felt under damped)

That's another reason I'm sticking with my W205, I love the luxury ride of airmatic too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom